Walther Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
But ....

Are there really people who own only one gun?
I also forgot to mention that Jim Corbett the worlds most famous tiger hunter started out using a .45 caliber double barreled elephant rifle to shoot maneaters that often weighed up to 580 lbs but then switched to a 7x57 rifle which became his only tiger hunting rifle for years. Lets face facts an animal weighing almost 600 lbs and all muscle is proof enough that smaller calibers were not inferior to the larger calibers in big game hunting. Corbett, Herbert, Stigan, Percieval, Bell and a host of others proved it long ago in Africa and India.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I don’t use self defense calibers on tigers, elephants, hogs, or bears. I did date a hog farmer once and watched him shoot animals in the head... and no crap, some bullets bounced (little to no penetration).

In general, a lot depends on the ammo manufacturer, where the bullet strikes, and the condition of the bad guy. There are instances where a guy got shot in the skull and it didn’t stop him and instances where one .22 destroyed the dude. Another where guy was shot in neck with .45 and walked away. Any bullet is better than a rock. Carry whatever you like and train with whatever that is. Me, personally, I won’t be carrying the .32 unless all of my other guns are out of service.

·
Registered
226 Posts
If anyone on WF lives in the Denver Metro and wants to shoot a WW2 32ACP Walther PPK, I'd be happy to spend some time with you at my range, I have one or two "beaters" that I shoot more frequently than my "collectible" ones.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts