Walther Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking for ideas of what kind of gun case to get. I was thinking of one of the locking ones and forgoing the home safe, or just getting a cheaper one without a lock to carry to the range and getting a home safe as well. Just wondering what everyone uses, whats good and the prices of em. Thanks for the pointers in advance.
Patrick

·
Registered
333 Posts
A lot will depend on what state you live in......that will determine the amount of safety you have to apply to your handguns.

I am a strong believer in locking guns in a "safe". The new digital fire safes ($149) will protect your gun from fire and allow you access to the loaded firearm in less than 7 seconds.

Once your guns are exposed to a fire......they are worthless to use as a shooter. The heat will radically change metal tempers and strcutures.

In my state---if your gun is not locked up....and someone breaks into the house and finds the gun..........and the police are called to apprehend the bad guy..........and the BG shoots the police with your gun ( which was founds unlocked ) guess who goes to jail? Yep, the home owner will be staying at the metal Bar hotel for a few years.

Know your local laws when it comes to securing your handguns!

Also using a safe......allows for humidity control to some extent. Silica Gel is an excellent decscant that can be used over and over.

JF

1 - 3 of 3 Posts