Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can i buy a replacement guide rod ? Im looking for the out of box one AND a better one. The tungsten ones been out of stock for a while. Thank you.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have been using the extended length rod with the factory spring from BT guide rods in my Q5 poly for a couple years with great results. I have shot the gun quite a bit and was just thinking of picking up another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have a Sprinco recoil reducing guide rod coming, with a red and a yellow spring. I can return it for a full refund if I don't like it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
FWIW...
I use DPM Systems spring assemblies in my two 9mm Walthers & two 9mm Sigs. Over 5000+ rounds each, zero issues, & no "felt" reduction in performance. Comes with multiple springs for different spring rates. Choose whichever works best for your ammo weight, perceived recoil, solid return to battery, & racking the slide pull force.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Where can i buy a replacement guide rod ? Im looking for the out of box one AND a better one. The tungsten ones been out of stock for a while. Thank you.
Yes dpm thats a very good replacement allow you to choose the spring you what to use

·
Registered
7 Posts
How does a “better” guide rod affect the performance of the PPQ? Does it improve accuracy? Reliability?
What features make guide rod better? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
How does a “better” guide rod affect the performance of the PPQ? Does it improve accuracy? Reliability?
For me...the DPM spring assembly (with multiple springs to choose) is a balance between a solid return to battery (even with brass particles trash dust etc...in the slide rails) & racking the slide quickly & easily in any environment. Reduction in recoil IMO, is more perceived vs. actual recoil force. I find grip & practice is ones best friend in staying on target for quick follow up shots vs. true mechanical reduction in recoil. Plus...honestly it "looks" out of place with a factory plastic spring assembly on a quality Walther. Value is in the eye of the owner.

·
Registered
978 Posts
One thing I forgot to mention in my first post was: I shoot factory loads of American Eagle 124 grain FMJ and the empty brass only flies three feet from the gun. Every other gun I've owned or watching other people shoot a 9mm with factory loads, the brass flies twice as far. Could it be that Walther uses a recoil spring stronger than need be? If so, would a lighter spring help reduce recoil? My Sprinco will be here today and I'll play around with it and see what happens. If I don't like it, I can return it for a full refund and then I'll get a regular uncaptured guide rod and various weight springs to try to get desired results.

·
Registered
2 Posts
It hard to improve on such a great gun it just helps muzzle flip lets you get it on target quicker

1 - 12 of 12 Posts