Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
and this time with current and correct pictures..... looks like S&W is running the site as it looks like their own website or is that just me
No it is not just you...I really wish Walther would do a better job marketing their stuff:mad:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah they have some current pics. however one can hardly see them clearly being so small. I think the old format was much better. Its as if they are going to phase Walther out entirely. S&W's not doing them any favours thats for sure.:(

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
click "view details" then to the bottom right of the images is a link "larger view"
they get pretty big

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Question? I have a compact and it has the small mag release. I noticed the compacts on the site also have small releases. For some reason I thought that they had changed the mag releases on the compacts too? Is that true?

I know that the PPS has the long release so I am curious did Walther ever make any compacts with the long release?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Heh

click "view details" then to the bottom right of the images is a link "larger view"
they get pretty big
Yeah your right. I just wasnt paying that close of attention:eek: . Anyhow I still like the old format better. One improvement is they actually show a .40 99. (without the relief cut on the front of the slide).

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
100% agreed....
from what I can tell these are pictures of actual guns and not some photoshop project (look on the compact you can see wearmarks on the barrel)
however.... I just noticed this.... 9mm/AS is shown with a .40/AS picture
the QA in black uses a 9mm/QA picture for the .40 and also the green QA uses the 9mm picture for the .40..... but at least they don't show models that don't exist like the dessert sand with a 9mm slide

now what I am really wondering is if that online store works or not :eek:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Question? I have a compact and it has the small mag release. I noticed the compacts on the site also have small releases. For some reason I thought that they had changed the mag releases on the compacts too? Is that true?

I know that the PPS has the long release so I am curious did Walther ever make any compacts with the long release?
Yup the new compacts are coming with long releases. Actually look at the bottom of the trigger guard, on the compacts you can usually see mold lines where the long release would extend to even.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
yes the 2004 (AE) P99's were the last ones to have the short mag release....... fullsize and compact

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
They did a nice job of up-dating their website...too bad it only took for just about ever! Nice to see that they list the P99c AS. It seemed that a while back ago, they were next to impossible to obtain without doing a lot of research and foot work.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Awww, they don't have any pictures of the QA in desert sand or the Titanium finish. Now those 2 are sweet variations of the P99.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
2004 was the last time for the Titanium finished slide :eek:

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
49.00 dollars for a magazine,thats why i sold my walthers and bought GLOCKS
Well stay away from Sigs or HKs then too...nothing wrong with Glocks if that's what you like... but I wouldn't sell a Walther just because the mags were pricer than Glocks.

The old saying goes "never sell a Walther."

·
Registered
536 Posts
As an owner of 9 Glock mags, the price of P99 mags is kind of depressing for sure. But shooting the Walther has become nearly addicting; i've been to the range more in the past 10 days than in the past 2 months.

Mags prices are high, but my handgun choice is made based on the target results... so for now, I'll live with having far fewer magazine but much better groups.

thorn

·
Registered
18 Posts
As an owner of 9 Glock mags, the price of P99 mags is kind of depressing for sure. But shooting the Walther has become nearly addicting; i've been to the range more in the past 10 days than in the past 2 months.

Mags prices are high, but my handgun choice is made based on the target results... so for now, I'll live with having far fewer magazine but much better groups.

thorn
yeah, i mean there really isn't a point to have more then 2 - 3 mags anyways at least at the range... and if i ever in need of using ur gun and u need more then 2 or 3 mags ur doing seriously wrong and should may be try throwing the gun at the guys head to knock him out lol. unless ur being attacked by a bunch of brain eating undead zombies hahaha

·
Registered
536 Posts
Agreed. I'd like to have a couple of 10's or 15's for my 9mm, just to save wear&tear as well as keep from having to continually take the JHPs out of my mags every time i go to the range.

But you're right.... I'm also just not in the mindset that I need twenty 15 rnd pistol mags. Maybe some people do - say, people that compete... i'm not trying to belittle anyone AT ALL. I'm just evaluating how i use my gun, and my use has determined that 2 mags for carry and 2 for range will just about do.

thorn

·
Registered
18 Posts
Agreed. I'd like to have a couple of 10's or 15's for my 9mm, just to save wear&tear as well as keep from having to continually take the JHPs out of my mags every time i go to the range.

But you're right.... I'm also just not in the mindset that I need twenty 15 rnd pistol mags. Maybe some people do - say, people that compete... i'm not trying to belittle anyone AT ALL. I'm just evaluating how i use my gun, and my use has determined that 2 mags for carry and 2 for range will just about do.

thorn
yeah makes sense. its also part of the way u train when u target practice, i hope i never have to use my gun but when i practice for one shot one kill

1 - 20 of 24 Posts