Walther Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,714 Posts
Point taken, Austin. If you're hellbent and determined to carry a PPK, then a new one makes perfect sense. There are more powerful, more reliable, alternatives that are no bigger, and less unpleasant to shoot, which make some of us doubtful of the whole exercise.
But I hope you get your gun, it meets your expectations, and that it serves you well.
Moon

Reactions: Jimmo952

·
Super Moderator
7,714 Posts
Hey DUA. The single stack nines from that era are certainly nice. I had three P7s at one time. Two M8s and one of the P7Ks I thi k it was called in 380. Great guns.

It was not one of my better moves selling them when I did.

No it wasn't. I've got some similar, boneheaded moves in my past. :)

A P7K? Wow, just wow. Didn't know they existed.
Moon

·
Super Moderator
7,714 Posts
Jimmo, googled it up, and found some of the same reservations you noted. It sounds like a response to European restrictions on gun buying or limits.
More blasphemy; my P7 actually ran pretty well on .380s. Not that I recommend it.
Moon

·
Super Moderator
7,714 Posts
Jimmo, presume the 952 is a 9mm 52, which seems like a long journey to get back where you started. :)
I've gone thru' about 3 39s, and several had sear trouble, which led to doubling. They were used, and perhaps the victims of bubbasmithing. Found a 439 NIB, and that will be a keeper.
None of my older stuff really sees too many rounds. The .380s-in-the P7 experiment was shortly after I got it, and it wasn't worth a ton of money. The thot' was that the gas system would be self-balancing, and it did work; headspaced on the extractor.
I'm always surprised at how small/heavy the P7 is.
The new Glock 48 is a poly single stack 9 that feels good in the hand.
Moon

·
Super Moderator
7,714 Posts
Yeah, I've got a 52, left over from the days I thot' I could shoot bullseye. It is an absolute sweetheart, and worth some money I suppose. The 5 shot magazine, to deal with the .38WC, is a real Rube Goldberg contraption, tho' it works.

Shudder to think what the 9mm version is worth.
Moon

·
Super Moderator
7,714 Posts
Clarkston', if you're having wrist, hand or arm issues, you're likely better served with something less rappy than a .380 PPK/s.
A 9mm Government or Commander would be a better bet.
Moon

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.