Walther Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new here, and relatively new to the sport as well. I purchased a q5 a few months ago specifically for the great trigger. I was considering the PPQ, but found a deal on the Q5 I couldn't pass up. Overall, I'm happy with the gun, but I feel the trigger isn't quite as smooth as it should be. I've read (lots) of the prior threads on this issue. I've also put close to 2000 rounds through the gun at this point, so I think I'm past the "it will wear in and smooth itself out" stage.

The issue is clearly in the part of the trigger travel where the trigger bar tab makes contact and pushes up the FPB. From other suggestions and looking at the movement with the mag removed, it looks like the tab of the trigger bar is riding toward the outside of the FPB.

Some other observations:
Trigger is very smooth with the slide removed (though slightly heavier than I hoped, but that's a different story).
FPB block moves freely up and down in the slide.
Most of the blue coating on the trigger bar has worn off on and around the tab area that moves the FPB. Is this normal? I would expect some wear right at the contact, but should it have completely removed the coating?
When putting the slide back on after removal, the tab makes contact with the back of the slide, before the slide is all the way re-installed. Not sure if this is normal either.

Anyone have any thoughts? Anything I can do, or is this something I should ask Walther about and let them take care of? It almost seems like the trigger bar isn't quite the proper shape, but I don't have anything to base that conclusion on. I can post some pictures of all this later, if that would help.

·
Registered
6,999 Posts
I've also put close to 2000 rounds through the gun at this point, so I think I'm past the "it will wear in and smooth itself out" stage.
Mine started out gritty, but a drop of lube in the firing pin block channel would make things much more smooth, even in the beginning. Have you been lubing the firing pin block channel in those 2000 rounds?

·
Registered
21 Posts
From what I've gathered...

For a range gun, get a lighter fpb spring, sprinco or sodemann - see the q5 fpb spring thread in first page, or the 3.5 pound trigger thread

For a carry gun, if your fpb is silver, ask walther for a black one, supposedly comes with anti friction coating.

·
Registered
978 Posts
I have been screwing around with my Q5, for the past three years and FINALLY, got the trigger the way it should be. I sent the gun back and they replaced it with a different one, as the gritty trigger was beyond belief. The new one was better, but still had the gritty feeling. I installed a lighter trigger spring and safety block spring and it was better, with a 3.5lb trigger pull and polished all contact points, but still had a slightly gritty trigger. I had Walther send me a black firing pin block and that totally eliminated the gritty trigger. I'm now a happy camper.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.