Walther Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, new(er) to the site. Lots of great information to be found here, that's for sure.
I inherited a Interarms PPK .380 from my wife's Aunt . The Uncle just had to have a "Bond 007" pistol. He had it for close to 20 years.
I have taken it to the range, ran 200 rounds throught it and love it. I want to keep the existing grips intact for later owners.
I have looked around and am wondering about the wooden thumb rest style-will that possibly assist/cause the infamous slide bite? Looking for someone who has that type and either likes/hates them, or suggestions.
Thanks!

·
Super Moderator
7,356 Posts
Presume it has the OEM plastic, which in Interarms form are perfectly serviceable. It is the early, brown wraparounds that are fragile and expensive.
If the .380s notorious 'rap' is the issue, just use a bike glove for the range. It will also protect you from slide bite.
Moon

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it has the OEM grips.
I actually have not had the "bite" from firing it, must be holding it correct from the get go.
I fired a Beretta FS92 at the range with nice after market grips and was hoping to find something a tad nicer for the Walther.
I just hate to order something without input from another source on what someone likes/dislikes about the grips they have used.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice looking grips!
What kind of tweaking are talking about, small file on the underside to get it to drop on the hand cage? (Sorry, do not know what that is called)

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Post war grips are certainly not an endangered species as they do not suffer from time like the ZM versions. I replace most of mine with woodies because they look and feel better. Many are G4Us but I put these KSDs on my newest PPK. They were like $40 on eBay. I really like them.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts