Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
On the PPQ M1 (or M2) 17 round mags with the +2 base plates on them from walther, will the old P99 grip sleeve fit over it so you can pop it in a P99c? or will the +2 baseplate made it so you can't fit the sleeve on properly?

here's the mag I'm talking about

·
Registered
705 Posts
It doesn't fit on that specific magazine, the base's shape didn't seat inside the mag extension.
So far I've been able to get the extension to fit 15 and 16 round magazines.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what I wondered. The base plate looked like it would impede the sleeve. Just wanted to confirm as I have 6 or so on the way of those mags

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well, looks like we were wrong. I got the PPQ M1 17 round extendo mags in and the P99 grip sleeve works like a charm and fits in the 99c perfectly. Looks stupid though stacking up a sleeve on top of a +2 baseplate... but it most definitely works

·
Premium Member
55 Posts
well, looks like we were wrong. I got the PPQ M1 17 round extendo mags in and the P99 grip sleeve works like a charm and fits in the 99c perfectly. Looks stupid though stacking up a sleeve on top of a +2 baseplate... but it most definitely works

View attachment 93337
The sleeve works fine on mine and it shoots well with it. Never had a problem with the 17-round mags and the sleeves in my P99c. After carrying it during the day I swap the 17 in for night time.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The sleeve works fine on mine and it shoots well with it. Never had a problem with the 17-round mags and the sleeves in my P99c. After carrying it during the day I swap the 17 in for night time.
thanks for the input. I'm probably not going to use them with my P99c but it's always nice to know they that WILL work if I ever need to. mag interchangeability is always a plus.

now I'm just impatiently waiting for my Coyote Tan PPQ M1 5" comes in to my ffl

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
I'm a little late to the party but I too use the 15+2 mag with sleeve in my P99c for nightstand duty.

Of course, it's redundant next to the PPQc with the same setup, and a PPQ Classic with it's own 15+2 as well....

Oh well, what the hell. At least I know I'll have something to get a grip on!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts