Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for grip options for the new Ft. Smith PPK .380

Did not find anything specific in googling or searching this site thus far.

What I did find searching this forum is there appears to be a lot of differences in the PPK over the years depending on who made it.

I bought a set of walnut grips that were supposed to fit the American PPK made by S&W and Interarms and they don't fit, I don't know if I just got some junk grips or there really is a difference between the new Ft. Smith PPK Grip mounting and the S&W and Interarms PPK & or other PPK Grip mounting.
The one's I got are far enough off that I cant easily make them fit by sanding.

I know there's a difference between the PPK & PPK/S I have a new Walther Ft. Smith PPK I bought from BudsGunShop.com

Ideally, I'd like something rubber that wraps around, with or without finger grooves but that still appears to be unobtainium for even this new PPK.

In alternate, something wood with finger grooves and or the thumb swell you see on some grips.

I looked on Hogue's website and the only current PPK options are the smooth or checkered wood, which imho don't give you any better control options then the stock grips it comes with.

I could not find a Hogue or Pachmayr PPK grip sleeve option either.

This will not be a safe or display queen, it gets hot in Las Vegas, NV. in the summer so the PPK .380 is an ideal summer time carry option and a good bug option the rest of the year.

Never been a fan of the so-called plastic fantastic guns, that are all the rage, give me real steel.

thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
There is a very recent thread by sirr where he talks about using a hogue grip sleeve with his PPK. That thread might interest you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm looking for grip options for the new Ft. Smith PPK .380

Did not find anything specific in googling or searching this site thus far.

What I did find searching this forum is there appears to be a lot of differences in the PPK over the years depending on who made it.

I bought a set of walnut grips that were supposed to fit the American PPK made by S&W and Interarms and they don't fit, I don't know if I just got some junk grips or there really is a difference between the new Ft. Smith PPK Grip mounting and the S&W and Interarms PPK & or other PPK Grip mounting.
The one's I got are far enough off that I cant easily make them fit by sanding.

I know there's a difference between the PPK & PPK/S I have a new Walther Ft. Smith PPK I bought from BudsGunShop.com

Ideally, I'd like something rubber that wraps around, with or without finger grooves but that still appears to be unobtainium for even this new PPK.

In alternate, something wood with finger grooves and or the thumb swell you see on some grips.

I looked on Hogue's website and the only current PPK options are the smooth or checkered wood, which imho don't give you any better control options then the stock grips it comes with.

I could not find a Hogue or Pachmayr PPK grip sleeve option either.

This will not be a safe or display queen, it gets hot in Las Vegas, NV. in the summer so the PPK .380 is an ideal summer time carry option and a good bug option the rest of the year.

Never been a fan of the so-called plastic fantastic guns, that are all the rage, give me real steel.

thanks in advance.
Altamont Grips has them now. Had a gunsmith round the sharp edges along the beaver-tail and back. Very comfy now. Ft. Smith model.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts