Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate to get too many threads going on one subject, but I figured I would just ask this question by itself.

If you have a P99c and you use full size mags and grip extensions for training at the range. How much will that effect your shooting when using standard compact mags?

Does the little "pinky grip" on the compact mags ( I don't know what else to call it) require a different shooting style than with a full size?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
I have a P99c and use it pretty well. I have the pinky extension (the grip is too thick for me to shoot decently with the flat floorplate).

I do not like the grip extension, however. I end up twisting the gun to the left most of the time.

I shoot better with an extended fullsize mag and NO extension than I do with the grip extension on the gun.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have no issues while using my grip extension on my P99C
or the regular pinky grip on the standard mag.. The transition is flawless for me. With the proper machanics and grip it really shouldnt be an issue, the only thing to really do is give it a try.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have no issues while using my grip extension on my P99C
or the regular pinky grip on the standard mag.. The transition is flawless for me. With the proper machanics and grip it really shouldnt be an issue, the only thing to really do is give it a try.
Same here. I don't find it to be a problem at all.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yeah, me either. I can't tell any difference in my shooting whether I use the flat base or pinky extension. Although the pinky mag seems to make it feel more like my fullsize, I actually prefer to carry and shoot my P99C with the flat base. Haven't tried the grip adapters with fullsize mags.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I noticed a change when I first used mine. Seems the fully loaded mag with the shorter barrel did make a difference on POI. But after a few mags it seemed to level out just fine. I have the extensions and use them but I really find that the 10rd pinky extension mags work superb in the compact. It is always fun to have many options...;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts