Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I tried to post a new member introduction a couple of days ago, but it seems to have disappeared (awaiting moderator approval, perhaps). Let me try again.

I just purchased my first Walther in the form of a PPS M2. I'm really looking forward to getting it out to the range and getting a feel for it.

I seem to be more of an older-gun guy, based on firearms I own and firearms for which I play the role of family caretaker. Some that I use were inherited from my grandfather, who was a highway patrol motorcycle cop back in the 1930s. I've got his old Colt .45 revolver from those days and even a few older ones that he collected (mostly Colts, in terms of the handguns). The two newest firearms I own are a 1976 Browning lever action .22 rifle and a 1969 Ruger Single Six (convertible .22 magnum and .22 long rifle).

Despite my affinity for all the older firearms, I've been itching in recent years to get into a couple of newer style handguns. I debated long and hard over various manufacturers and models before deciding I wanted to give Walther a try. I started with the PPS M2 and would like to eventually get a PPQ...probably the .45 ACP or maybe a PPQ 9mm. Time will tell, I guess.

OK, that's probably enough of an intro. Looking forward to learning as much as I can about Walthers here. Thanks! :)

Al

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

Reactions: varuscelli

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
Welcome from D/FW.

Get out and shoot PPQ 45, it was a "must have" after 2 mags for me. Had me selling my SIG P227 (with the SRT/Greyguns trigger).

It's that good.

Reactions: varuscelli

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome from D/FW.

Get out and shoot PPQ 45, it was a "must have" after 2 mags for me. Had me selling my SIG P227 (with the SRT/Greyguns trigger).

It's that good.
Yeah, the PPQ 45 ACP is one I definitely have my eye on for the future. We've got plenty of shooting ranges around here where I'm likely to be able to try one out. Looking forward to that...and it's good to see your thumbs up on that particular firearm.

Al

1 - 6 of 6 Posts