Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a financial services technology analyst, university professor, and firearms instructor from south central Pennsylvania.

My journey into being a Walther owner started many years ago when I was messing around with paintball guns. I picked up a Walther P99 RAM paintball gun. It was nearly identical to the P99 AS. I absolutely loved the feel of that gun, but didn’t go anywhere with it. Two weeks ago, I got an email message from Classic Firearms. They were selling police turn in P99s in the AS and DAO varieties. I jumped on the DAO because the only DAO in my collection is my Beretta Pico and I wanted a DAO gun to keep my trigger skills up to snuff. I went to pick up the gun from my FFL and I brought a gun that I was barely using to sell or consign. The FFL had a barely used PPS M2 LE with all three magazines so I got that.

A few days later, I got an email from a vendor selling P22s in all FDE. I have osteoarthritis in my hands, so I’ve been looking to switch my collection to 9mm, 380ACP, 32ACP, and 22. I bought the P22. It’s a CA model and I’m not in Cali, so I’m burning off the Loc-Tite holding the barrel nut on and adding the 5” target barrel with compensator and a suppressor. I also got a fully captured RSA so I don’t have to mess with that feisty snake of a recoil spring in the P22. Add to that a few 5 round magazine extensions, and it is the gun I really wanted.

Yesterday, I went to pick up the P22. The FFL had a PK380, so I had to check it out. I love the feel, but then I went to try it out. It was a horrible experience. The trigger was gritty, the DA pull was very heavy and the SA pull was also rough and heavy. I don’t have a problem with a heavy trigger pull (after all, I just got the P99 DAO), but there is nothing smooth about the 380. What gives with that? I’m wondering if Walther contacted that out to another company and they just executed the job poorly.

Anyway, I now have three Walthers. If they get the PK380 figured out, I may get a fourth one.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Welcome from SE PA. Presently I have only one Walther, a PPS M2 which is my EDC. I love the gun so much that I am going to look for opportunities to begin a Walther collection. I have never felt that way about ant manufacturer whose gun(s) I had.

Reactions: CavGuy

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome from SE PA. Presently I have only one Walther, a PPS M2 which is my EDC. I love the gun so much that I am going to look for opportunities to begin a Walther collection. I have never felt that way about ant manufacturer whose gun(s) I had.
I just ordered a level two concealment holster for mine. It is going into my EDC rotation. It is the only gun I have that I feel comfortable shooting with two fingers and the flush mount magazine.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I just ordered a level two concealment holster for mine. It is going into my EDC rotation. It is the only gun I have that I feel comfortable shooting with two fingers and the flush mount magazine.

I feel the same way about the flush mount magazine, but I inly use it when I feel it is necessary to reduce the possibility of printing.

What holster did you order?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I feel the same way about the flush mount magazine, but I inly use it when I feel it is necessary to reduce the possibility of printing.

What holster did you order?
I got a holster from a vendor I've done business with on eBay before, my_holster. Here is a picture:

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Thanks for the photo. It looks well made. I am concealing OWB more than IWB these days and am currently doing a careful search for a leather OWB holster to replace the Kydex model I now have.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the photo. It looks well made. I am concealing OWB more than IWB these days and am currently doing a careful search for a leather OWB holster to replace the Kydex model I now have.
No worries. I bought one of their holsters last year for my Canik TP9SF Elite-S. It had served me well. One thing I really love about their holsters is they lack bulk, so you can conceal with just a shirt covering the gun. They also have an FBI cant, so drawing is very easy. One note, you will have to break it in, particularly the retention strap. What I did was put my gun in a bag, jammed it into the holster, coated the holster in leather oil, inserted a few carpentry shims under the strap to stretch it, and then bagged that whole thing. After four treatments, it was perfect.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Welcome. I am the resident WPAT (Walther pistol anonymous therapist). You have a case of Walther fever lucky it is in the beginning stages. Immediate treatment is to send all your Walther Anonymous pistol center I can help you with this.....��. However if the case is more advanced welcome to the best Walther forum, on the planet. Great info and even better people.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts