Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Yeah it is chunky. I have a Walther laser on one of my P22's and I find that it doesn't stay "sighted in" for too long. Seems that it's POA shoots loose after several shots. Anyone else experience this? Any suggestions. Maybe I need to put some locktite on some of the adjustment screws?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow, nice find ShipWreck! Green lasers are so cool. Since the whole beam is visable, it would probably make target aquisition quite easy. Too bad it's only available on the P22 though.

And on that note, I really wish Walther would make a .380 P22...

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, one for the P99 will be out soon, accoriding to the site. Also, it may not look as big on the P99 - since the P22 is smaller...

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I have yet to shoot with a laser...
but what I noticed is the price difference from the Walther originla laser to this one... the green one is almost $100 more... though it might be nature of the beast since it is green....(first time I ever heard of a green laser) so I don't know... just pointing it out...
though it might be a lot better too... I heard from other posters that the P22 originla laser isn't all too bright.. so once more I am not sure and the price might be allright if the product is good...
I am glad that this company does it though ... couse there isn't many options for us Walther freaks out there....
and thanks for the good eyes and posting it ShipWreck

·
Registered
821 Posts
I have a dedicated "astronomical" green laser that is used for pointing out stars, and other celestial bodies to normal folk.

Indeed, you can see the beam, but it helps if your eyes have been adjusted to the dark, and a little humidity outside doesn't hurt either (gives the laser something to reflect off of).

During the day, it's VERY hard to see the beam. You do, however, get a very bright green dot, very cool.

-stunks

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ Sep. 01 2006,8:36)]I have yet to shoot with a laser...
but what I noticed is the price difference from the Walther originla laser to this one... the green one is almost $100 more... though it might be nature of the beast since it is green....(first time I ever heard of a green laser) so I don't know... just pointing it out...
though it might be a lot better too... I heard from other posters that the P22 originla laser isn't all too bright.. so once more I am not sure and the price might be allright if the product is good...
I am glad that this company does it though ... couse there isn't many options for us Walther freaks out there....
and thanks for the good eyes and posting it ShipWreck
Well, yes, green lasers have always costed more. This is actually cheap for a green laser to mount on a gun. Hopefully, the size and price should be the same for all the models, once they come out. That would make it cheaper than most of the "official" red lasers out for the P99 now.

·
Registered
23 Posts
There's also green laser pointers that can burn through thin plastic and paper. They're kind of expensive, but check out some of the videos: http://wickedlasers.com/videos.php

Granted, it would hardly be useful having a laser which takes 5 seconds to even put a hole in a credit card attached to something that makes a bigger hole almost instantly. But the increased visabilty might be nice.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I bet those are controlled by the govt - an avg person couldn't get 1 of those, and they would be bigger than something U put on the bottom of a pistol

·
Registered
23 Posts
According to the FDA, Class IIIB lasers are legal as long as they're not "sold or promoted for pointing or amusement purposes." Though at $1999.99(!) a pop for the strongest one, you're right about the average person not getting one.

For 500 bucks or less, they have a couple that can burn paper which are about the same size as any other pointer. Could probably take out the diode assembly, stick it in a smaller tube and attach it via flashlight mount, then pray to MacGyver the thing doesn't shake apart due to recoil.

·
Registered
189 Posts
This one is not exactly ready for the P99, unless you got one of those weaver scope mounts like they have for the P22, but this green laser has received some coverage on "arf-dot-com":

1337 Tactical's green laser (Doh, out of stock!)

Might be fun for the range to strap one of these with that green laser on the 2004+ P99 (open rail)... put the pressure switch under a hogue slip on... even looks like you could "fall back" to the standard sights beneath the mount if needed. Although I wonder if it would bounce like a diving board on a 9mm or .40S&W.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts