Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Probably not as this is a custom rail system thanks to S&W/Walther.

I however find lasers to only be really useful in training. If you have direct sight of the target, you probably should be looking through your sights. Even if the laser is dead on during your trigger squeeze any failures in grip, trigger control etc won't disapear with a laser. They can expose you, and are another item to fail.

I would buy a flashlight, or a weapons light over a flashlight.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Actually, they changed the rail, I believe in 2005.

I know my 2005 has a "standard" rail that is considerably different than the original rail.

That laser will probably work just fine, but I'd still buy it from somewhere that has a money back guarantee.

·
Registered
68 Posts
That is SO cool! If you get one, write a review! ..And test it in the desert, see if you see anything!

·
Registered
88 Posts
$400 for somthing with this attached "Civilan Use Only/Military & Law Enforcemnt model coming soon". Does that mean it's fragile?

Don't get me wrong, I'd love a green laser, but $400 is a lot of ammo, or a Tax stamp and down payment on a suppressor. I also have no idea how much you'd have to pay for a holster that would support that. I'll wait for the green Crimson Trace wraparound grip.

·
Registered
328 Posts
The "Standard" rail on my 2007 P99 isn't standard at all.
In order to mount my TLR-1 light I had to purchase a set of "keys" for the light.

When I mount the light with a Walther/S&W key on my other firearms the light is very far forward.

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
The rail is standard, but the notch underneath is in a slightly different place - so yea, lights/lasers set up for Glock rails and other "standard rails will not work. But, U can use S&W/P99 rail accessories on other guns.

My M5 light was bought to fit on my SW99 and P99 - It works fine on my FN Five Seven.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That laser won't work, I have the laser and the notch and bar won't line up, Walther's rail is too short to use that laser. I have it on my FNP at the moment.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanx guys.. i knew someone out there would have already tried it ;)

saves me $400

dont really need it anyway.. was more of a toy.. speaking of toys..

fingers crossed, but this is gonna be my next one

1 - 11 of 11 Posts