Walther Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a extraction problem with my P22Q purchased Sept 20, 2021. It would not extract a live round and I had to use a tool to remove a live round while trying to unload this pistol. I contacted Walther in Ft. Smith and they promptly gave me the authorization to return along with prepaid Fed Ex shipping label. I mailed this pistol on a Tuesday and I got it back the following Monday. The warranty repair invoice showed that they replaced the barrel and tested it with no more problems. I think this is a remarkable turn around for repairs to this pistol and I am happy to give Walther Arms credit for a good job done quickly. I read several posts saying that Walther was slow in returning their guns, this was not the case with my problem. It was handled very quickly and I am happy.

·
Registered
10,511 Posts
Welcome Longfellow75, glad they got you fixed up. I wonder why they would replace the barrel for this issue? Of course the chamber is part of the barrel and a bad chamber could be the culprit regarding unfired rounds sticking in the chamber. The extractor on the P22 isn't the best design in the shop but sometimes pressing down on the nose helps pull a balky round out. Also the nose of the extractor has to be able to reach in and grab the front of the rim with no interference from the side of the chamber. Keep us posted on how it functions and welcome. 1917

1 - 2 of 2 Posts