Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two PPK/S and havn't fired either of them in at least 4 years. The last time I fired the stainless one, it was jamming. At the time I thought it was because of the flat nose bullets that I was using.

The more I read posts here the more I think it was because the pistol may have gotten too dry while firing it.

Any one else have a problem with flat nose bullets when the pistol gets used more than 20 rounds or so?

Do you think grease is a better lube for a PPK/S?

·
Registered
115 Posts
My PP .32 had jamming problems that seemed to improve a bit if I oiled it almost to the point of over-oiled.  Then, I used 600 grit sandpaper and polished the feed ramp and took the sharp edges off of the top and bottom of the chamber.  It works a whole lot better now; I trust it enough use it for my house gun as I live in an apartment and am concerned about over-penetration (Silver Tip hollow points are awesome in it).  I apply Rem-Oil to the slide, let it sit for a month beside my bed, take it out and fire it as is, and no problems with feeding.  The Rem-Oil is really good; it was recommended to me on this forum. Grease didn't work for me, couldn't even get through a mag without a jam.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put Tetra and breakfree on it and fired 30 rounds out of it and it worked better than it ever has. I guess the secret is to put a heavy layer of grease and oil on it.

The only thing wrong with it was, the recoil turned the web in my hand bright red.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Cool, glad that's working for you. I know what you mean about the red web. Funny thing is that S&W made the tang bigger on their PPK so that wouldn't happen anymore, protect the web of the hand better. But, I find that my S&W PPK wacks the web of my hand a lot more than my German made PP. Guess it all depends on the shape of your hand.

·
Registered
713 Posts
I use a lite coat of grease on all my autos . I have never had a bit of trouble from them PPK/s seem to like a little hotter round Thats why I use S&B ammo Its a lot hotter than that weak ww stuff. Remember you going against a 20lb recoil spring and friction isn't your friend. Nor is a limp wrist.
For carry and SD only Corbon DPX or 90gr HP for me. These have good 1050fps and 220 ftlbs better than others.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts