Walther Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I took my compact P99 A/S and my USP compact to the range today (both 9mm). I love the USP compact, but I gotta get myself over shooting low and to the right (all my life, I was either on target w/ a gun, or I shot low and left - low and right is new for me).

Anyway, no matter how hard I try, I still shoot that P99 compact better than the USPc, and the P99 has more muzzle rise.

So, the P99 design is my fav. I love my fullsize SW99 (essentially a P99 clone), and I'm trying to get the owner of my local shop to track me down a fullsize P99.

I've decided to make it my mission to hunt anyone down who talks bad about the P99 from now on
. It's the best gun in the world, and anyone who states bad stuff about it will soon have a meteor hurled down upon their home...

Nuff said...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Ship,
There are a bunch of P99's out there...you may have to get over your anal fixation about buying sight unseen....I have purchased 2 Walthers via the net and have been overly satisfied both times...but I am with you. I think the P99 is as good as a gun gets and anyone who says otherwise just doesn't know firearms....I've shot against guys using USPs, USPc, and Sigs and they have nothing over the P99...except maybe the price....

·
Registered
63 Posts
+1 for the internet purchase. There are some great deals out there.

I also agree to hunting down those that talk bad about the Walther. Obviously, it has flaws when compared to really high-end guns, but for the money, it simply outclasses so many other guns.

I really love it when first-time users try the trigger and think it's gritty or "rocky." They have no idea what is in store for them after about 300-500 rounds
So smooth!

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, if I am patient, I'll find one in person. Anyway, I hate selling my fullsize USp to pay for it, but I have to because of the wife. It's either that or my telescope - which, I may sell in a year - I haven't used it much because I have a big field behind my house, and there are too many mosquitoes to sit outside. If I don't use it w/i another year, though, I suppose I will sell it.

As for the P99 - when I prev had my TRP 1911, I was irritated w/ it because I was shooting my SW99 better
- I don't know why I shoot this design better than any other gun. But for me, I no longer worry about an expensive 1911 anymore. The P99 is it for me.

If I win the lottery, I'll be buying a case of P99s

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]but I have to because of the wife
You could always sell the wife

Just kidding...I've had mine for 24yrs and as much as I adore the P99 I would give it up in a heart beat if it came between me and the wifie....but since I own 3 P99's I don't see it as a problem...keep the USP...money is easier to replace than guns...I bet you anything you will be sorry if you sell it. Stick it in a box and shove it under the bed. Doesnt' take up any room and doesn't eat anything...put some change in jug, save up and buy the P99 later....

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Money in a jug

It will be 2 years easy before I can buy one - I've sold everything extra I had last year - so, it would take too long.

I plan to keep my USP compact - but, while I don't want to sell it - it's probably my least fav guns out of the 5 I have. And, I don't really wanna sell my telescope yet.

But, we'll see. My dealer may not be able to get me one....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Where would you ever find a case of P99s?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts