Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because of my job I get to occasionally work with our city police dept. Today I was making a run with two homicide officers when I noticed a box of .45 ACP lying in the console of the car, a new Dodge Charger… I struck up a conversation and both were surprised that I was able to id their duty weapons. One carried a Sig 220, the other a 239. We bantered about a few minutes and one said the other detective was considering coming over to the “dark side.” I asked him what he meant by that and he said that the guy was considering getting a Glock. I shook my head in disapproval and mumbled something to the effect of “a 2 x 4 with holes…” So they asked me what I thought was better. I said “I only shoot and own Walther P99’s” They both nodded their heads and sighed, “ahhhh.” I just smiled…..

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I wonder why they call it the dark side

I would tell them the same thing though... anything but Glock...
NOW what is it you do for work

·
Registered
4,343 Posts
Only Glock I like is the Glock 34 - I have had numerous Glocks over the years, and I no longer have them (dumoed my Glock 26 after 8 years when I found the P99c). But, I do like my Glock 34. Not more than my P99, but I shoot it pretty well. I have a light attached to it, and it is my nightstand gun.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dark Side? I guess because of the color of the black polymer? Although almost all polymers are black in color, Glock, while not the original plastic pistol, it is the most famous. Come to think of it, I did hear that phrase used another time by another training officer that I met while at a local pistol shoot.

When I shot cowboy action shooting, those on the “dark side” were those shooters who used black powder only. Now that makes more sense.

What do I do for a living? Why that’s classified information. If I told you I would then have to …

Just kidding. Once I make a friend I like to keep them around as for as long as possible.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (LegionnaireZ @ Oct. 05 2006,6:45)]i've never been fond of the boxy look either... i don't know what it is???
I never quite cared for Glocks at all.  The only one that appeals to me is the model 26.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
well.... way before I ever owned a gun and just went by what I heard.... I was sure that if I ever bought a gun it be a Glock....
well my German heritage made me check out some other guns before I ended up buying one. Glad I did.... still no Glock in my home

·
Registered
471 Posts
The P99 in my opine, is the best bang for the buck for MANY reasons... Givin a fair shake, it out guns most other guns...
I have a G26, and would sure like to replace it with a P99c... It's not just the cost of the gun, but all of the accessories I have for the dang thing too.... (I got it before I saw the light!)
Some day, I'll correct that little, ahem... mistake.

Good job Jake, they know not what you did for them.... (yet)

·
Registered
120 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ Oct. 05 2006,6:11)]I wonder why they call it the dark side

I would tell them the same thing though... anything but Glock...
NOW what is it you do for work
We are Glock.
Resistance is futile.
You will be assimilated.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Isn't it funny....
here we have one saying going to the dark side and the oder that already has a Glock says he saw the light after getting a P99.
Got to love it.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts