Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Ive been waiting awhile to own a PPK, so when I went into the gun store today and saw it there on sale, I decided to use my x-mas money to buy it. I cant wait to shoot this thing! Right now Im looking for a nice set of wood grips for it (the plastic grips make it feel cheap IMO), and a good holster.

P.S. Is there a trick to field stripping the gun? I did everything in the manual, but I still cant get the slide to come off...

·
Registered
120 Posts
Field strip.

Unload.
Remove magazine.
Take safety off.
Pull down trigger guard and move to the side, resting on the frame.
grasp the rear of the slide and pull back and up. The slide should come off easily!!
Remove recoil spring noting that it is smaller at one end.
That should be it!!
If you have a Makarov, then the field disassembly is the same!!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nice handgun!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unload.
Remove magazine.
Take safety off.
Pull down trigger guard and move to the side, resting on the frame.
grasp the rear of the slide and pull back and up. The slide should come off easily!!
I did that, but when the slide comes all the way back, it will not pull up. Im gonna bring it back to the store today to see if they can give me a hand with it.

·
Premium Member
4,590 Posts
Ummm
interesting.... didn't we not too long ago have another S&W do the same thing ???

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
Man, that sucks. I know its never fun to have to send a new gun in. I had to do that to a Springfield Defender comped 1911 in the 1990s. After I shot it the first time, the guiderod reverse plug was stuck in there. I had to send it in for them to disassemble the gun. They fixed it and never had an issue. But, this was before they made ya pay for next day shipping. So, it wasn't that big of a cost.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Bad part is when you take one apart so people can see how simple it is. Then can't put back together . Had this happen with a PPK/S at store. I had owner reassemble I explained I have limited use of my fingers and sometimes can't make them work right. . Wasn't a total lie I do have limited or ring and pinkie use but has never stopped me stripping or reassembleing my PPK/S

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.