Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the gun store today to buy a CZ Shadow 2, and they also had a Q5SF in stock. After gripping both and going through the motions, I picked the Q5SF. I realized I have short fat fingers and my thumb didn't reach the slide release without adjusting my grip. It was right where it should be for my hands on the Q5SF. I also liked that its optics-ready, in case I ever want to shoot that division. The only problem is that its so new, there aren't many, if any, aftermarket products, holsters, or mags for it. Has anyone found a good holster?

·
Registered
21 Posts
I haven't seen any high profile company's make any yet, but I know a few have received them for molding. I use a local guy who I shoot with for all my holsters. I'll be getting the SF in a couple weeks and he'll be making something for it, he could also use it for a mold if you're willing to wait.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Isn't it's geometry from the rear of the trigger guard forward the same as the PPQ 5" or Q5? Have you tried a Q5 holster?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I’ve had my Q5 poly for about a year and a half. 100% perfect performance and it is my EDC. I have an Alien Gear holster for my G-19 so I called them and ordered just the shell for the 4 inch PPQ to try out.

With only a little bit of shell removal where the Q5 sticks out it works perfectly and fits nice and snug as long as I don’t don’t try a backflip in a bar.

No hangup on the front sight and the draw is perfectly smooth. Makes no difference to me that it sticks out 1 inch either.

The shell is not one of their newer “ShapeShift” models. I use it with the paddle attachment. It stays nice and close to my side and does not print with a Hawaiian type shirt over it in the summer and in the winter months my jacket covers it perfectly without printing.

Max
~~~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts