Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
& love this gun immensely. I've only got to put about 60 rounds through it so far but It hits to point of aim, recoil is not as bad as my PM9 (which I had to sell to finance this one), & follow up shots are quicker than I thought they would be. The QA trigger is not as bad as what I thought it was going to be Either. I can shoot doubles as quick if not quicker than i can with my Colt XSE(Still love my Colt .45 but I'm addicted to the 9mm too). FWIW, got a Galco OWB leather holster for the SW99 & my P99c fits it perfectly. Not to loose & not to tight, just right. I'll post some pics when I can get the use of a digital camera. Thanks to all on this forum & G.T. for steering me in the right direction. Be safe, Lazyace1975.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Wandering Man @ Aug. 01 2006,10:12)]From someone who is still trying to decide, thanks for the report.

WM
If you do decide to get one, you will not be disapponted. I'm sure not. I've already put the full size on my long list of guns to buy. Maybe I can get it in the AS & be able to have the best of both worlds  
. Be safe, Lazyace.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
Woohoo!

I have yet to try the QA, but I love the A/S - I plan to maybe get a QA next year if I can.

So, Wondering Man - just dive in and get it

·
Registered
9 Posts
I own a P99 QA for a year now and love it.
there is only one small thing the trigger is a bit to heavy, does some one now how to make the trigger just a bit lighter

sorry for my english i'm from holland

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I noticed today while I was on Walthers website that my P99c looks different from the one on the site. My slide is roll marked not laser etched & my trigger guard is kind of rounded at the front. Not as round as the SW99 but it does have a round look to it. Is mine an older or newer model? Did Walther change the design slightly somewhere down the line or what? Not a problem what so ever 'cause I still love my P99c Just really curios. I think the one I got looks better than the version on the website anyway. Does anyone know if you can get a steel after market rear sight for them? Dont realy want to change it just yet but as bad as I am about banging my gun into things I'd like to have a back-up just in case I hit it on something & break it off  
 . Thanks & be safe, Lazyace.

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
I think Earls has steel ones. Or, U can just buy night sights.

I have 2 P99s and a SW99 - I will admit to damaging the sights once or twice. But now I have extras on hand that I bought, in case it happens again. If U don't drop the gun, U will be okay

As for generations - there are 3 different frames now. Post up a pic and we can tell U. For the compact P99, there was only 2 I believe. The 2004 frame and the 2005+ frame. The main difference is the length of the mag release.

·
Registered
75 Posts
QA ia way nicer than the AS. Safe is safe and the triger pull is always the same. Double taps are a dream.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
 Mine looks just like this with the exception of mine is a QA, has the extended mag. release & the small de-cock button.Thanks & be safe, Lazyace.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Some claim they have swopped the striker spring w/ a Glock striker spring. I personally would leave it as is.
I used Glock striker spings but they did not always pop the primer...too light. If the QA striker spring is the same as the AS just snip off about 4 coils...works for me and I like it...but I also found that on my other P99's that I left alone, after a few hundred rounds the spring got lighter on its own...

·
Registered
4,341 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jake Starr @ Aug. 11 2006,6:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]Some claim they have swopped the striker spring w/ a Glock striker spring. I personally would leave it as is.
I used Glock striker spings but they did not always pop the primer...too light. If the QA striker spring is the same as the AS just snip off about 4 coils...works for me and I like it...but I also found that on my other P99's that I left alone, after a few hundred rounds the spring got lighter on its own...
I wanna get a QA next - Guess I needa try to buy an extra striker spring to try and cut, and then learn how to take the striker system apart...

On the S&W forum, some guy insisted that he swopped out the striker spring on several SW99s to the Glock spring, and they all worked. I think I remember U saying U had some issues...

·
Registered
6 Posts
I cut off I think 4 to 4.5 coils and it made me all warm & fuzzy inside after shooting it.
It did lighten it... but not very much, just right. But the smoothness is just Great.

I have an 05 P99QA

1 - 14 of 14 Posts