Walther Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new P99 .40 today. I have yet to shoot it. Fits the hand way better than the Glock 23. On odd thing: the new guns lack the angle change in the front of the slide that the old ones have, right between the Walther insignia and the P99. Now it?s a strait line all the way down the gun. I hadn?t seen this on any pictures, even pictures of new guns without the ?hump?. The slide is made in Germany, it bears the Eagle over the N. It also has ?AH? and a little cross with an antler attached. (I kid you not). She also came with a 25 meter target with a 1.25 inch five shot group. I wonder what ammo Schultz was using. :)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Yes the 40s have a "full" slide, the 9mms have "scalloped."

You are one well armed Lutheran pastor...just don't tell my Presbyterian friends...:D

·
Registered
28 Posts
Greetings, new guy here.

I'm drooling over one of these P99 .40 S&W. It would help me break my Sig addiction somewhat.

Are holsters pretty wasy to come by for this make and model?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Holsters are out there for a P99 40 S&W.
I use a Blade-Tech UCH IWB which is very comfortable. It is Kydex.
For leather, I've used a Kramer OWB for six years with no complaint. Just make sure you get it for the 40. It will fit a 9MM too if you ever decide to go that root.:)

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Greetings, new guy here.

I'm drooling over one of these P99 .40 S&W. It would help me break my Sig addiction somewhat.

Are holsters pretty wasy to come by for this make and model?
I went to the Walther over the SIG partly because of the grip. I found the SIG a bit to wide. The Walther grip seems to say "thank you" to your hand every time you pick it up.
That, and the fact that the P99 is the only polymer pistol that's as good looking as the old guns. i.e. 1911, python, SA Colt .45 etc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts