Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Fancy Lamo Checkered Hogue grips today
They needed a bit of fitting that i did with an exacto knife & 600 grit sandpaper, The only spot that needed fitting that shows is the back side of the mag release, I sanded it radiused it then lemon oiled & then carnuba wax
I got em fitting great but Hogue didn't send me the grip screw & it's different than the factory one.
I contacted Hogue & ones in the mail..
I just put the factory grips back on while waiting
I also shortened the mag floorplate on the compact mag as it bothered me a bit while shooting, I did that after taking this pic.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forums been dead the last few days!!
Here's another Pic of the Walther PPK/S..
Note the cut down magazine floorplate, It's Much Better
B92

·
Registered
115 Posts
B92
Thanks for the pics, I have been thinking along the same lines. I have a PP in .32 with Hogue grips, and I ordered an IWB from High Noon Holsters back in October. They say it'll fit a PP, PPK, or PPK\S. If it doesn't fit the PP all that well (I suspect it will though), I'm thinking about a S&W PPK or PPK\S with hopes that it will fit the holster better. What kind of holster do you have? How do you like it? Thanks, Benny.

·
Registered
115 Posts
A couple more questions if that's ok, B92. How do you like the PPK\S? How is it concerning reliability? Recoil, muzzle-flip? Does it conceal well with the IWB holster (I'm 5'7", 160 lbs, so that's a concern)? What's your ammo choice for CCW? Have your tried Cor-Bon?

Thanks,
Benny

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Benny I just Got This PPK/S two weeks ago today..
I have only shot 120 rounds through it so far, it has been 100% so far, I did initial testing with 100 Winchester White Box Ball & 20 Federal Hydra-Shoks HPs..
I haven't tried the Cor-Bons Yet!! MichealT here tells me it's the best self defence round for the PPKs, It's the Hottest Available in the USA..
I just aquired 50 85gr Winchester Silvertips HPs @ $15 & 50 Remington 95gr Ball for $8 at the Gunshow They will be my test rounds for my next range setion..
The Holster is a Don Hume Leather IWB clip holster, The fit is perfect & carries very well..I do Like it alot..
I've been using the 90gr Federal Hyda-Shok JHP as my Carry Load, We'll see how the Silvertips & Cor-Bons measure up..
Today at the Gunshow I also scored an extra Mec-Gar magazine in Blue & Also scored the Hogue PPK/S Mini Grip Screw so I can mount my fancy Hogue wood grips, They feel great in the hand, More filling than the factory..
The Mec-Gars extended Floorplate is much nicer than the Factory Walther one, It's smooth & has no sharp edges etc., I'm gonna put it on the factory SS mag & put the Factory floorplate on the Mec-Gar..
I'll try an get a few more pics later, My camera is old & it's hard to get a good pic without the flash..
I Will Probobly drive by Biff's Gunworld Tomarrow to have a look at his Holster selection, He has thousands of holsters..
I'm lovin the PPK/S , It's treated me right so far!!
Recoil is typical for a blowback .380, a little stouter than a 9mm with modified Browning Action, Like a Glock or SIG, But very managable & Mine is deadly accurate, A Mini Tac Driver..
I'll be carryin it a Bunch!!
B92

·
Registered
713 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BennyMA @ Dec. 30 2005,07:18)]A couple more questions if that's ok, B92.  How do you like the PPK\S?  How is it concerning reliability?  Recoil, muzzle-flip?  Does it conceal  well with the IWB holster (I'm 5'7", 160 lbs, so that's a concern)?  What's your ammo choice for CCW?  Have your tried Cor-Bon?  

Thanks,
Benny
I think you will find the PPK/S relieable I own a Interarms one. If you follow the internet I have 1 of maybe 3 that work.Which is BS ,all makers have a few that aren't dependable . These are the greast pistols for concealability I pocket carry mine in a Don Hume Pocket holster or carry in my Don Hume IWB Mine same as 92's except I have Belt loops instead of clip. I think I would get clip if I was to reorder.. Nowas for ammo I have in my PPK/S Corbon90grHP in my storage I have Federal Hyd., Magtec goldHP ( suppose same power as Corbon) Golden Saber102gr.and Winchester silvertips.Oh! still Have some Brown Bear HP . Then I have a assortment of ball for play. They all will work I have just come to perfer the Corbon

As for recoil my 11 14 15 year old girls have no trouble with iit.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I believe these Fancy Checkered Hogue Wood grips are for a Interarms PP PPK/S
They required just a minor bit of fitting, i was assured by Hogue that they would fit the S&W PPK/S.
I found a link that shows several wood grips just like the ones I saw at the gunshow yesterday
Walther PPK/S S&W Excaliber Pistol Grips
The Hogue don't follow the rear contour of the S&W added beavertail, I think I can live with them as they feel great, & fit very good.. And they LOOK even better than my crappy pics can do justice..Realy Good!!
B92

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh It Looks better than my Crappy Camera can give justice
But it shoots even better than it looks, Thanks P88!
I could have traded it yesterday for a SIG P230 & Didn't
I believe the Walther PPK/S is growing on me
Better pics to come..
The Grip Guru at the Gun Show Tony Caravello @ HandgunGrips.com  Said that these Hogues are some of the nicest He's seen, Hand Checkered made with Grey Black Laminate Wood.
This was the guy who gave me the Tiny Little Screw I needed to mount my Hogue Grips..
He also has alot of Walther PPK/S S&W & Interarms PPK/PP & several German PPK Wood grips as well, Give him an E-Mail if your lookin for something [email protected]

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Let's Try the CrapCam2000 Again..
B92s Slick Walther PPK/S S&W w/Hogue Silver/Black Checkered Grips

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
YES!! I'm HEADKNOCKER at The S&W Forum!!
Guess you saw my two posts about Walthers PPK/Ss over there too!!

Cause if He catches you a messin, Gonna Show you his Smith & Wesson, HEADKNOCKER!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lynchmob aka DarkKnight,

I like the looks of 1/3 of your collection on the S&W forum. I'm Epitaph over there.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I was bored one day last year so I dragged the guns that I had locally out for a photo-op. Unfortunately, my complete collection has never been together in the same place @ same time. I keep chunks stored at relatives houses all over the country.

Here's the shot for anyone who hasn't seen it over at the S&W board:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nice Pic!! I spy a 3 1/16" Ruger SP101, What caliber?
Here's a pic of one of my Favorites!!
I'll share a Ruger Pic Later
HK P7M8

Ruger SP101s 9mm & 38spl SPNY

RUGER SPNY 38 Spl & S&W 642-2

Some of My Handguns

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got my grips at eaglegrips.com. They had alot to choose from even for the S & W models. I have been really happy with mine!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Hey, Headknocker . . .

I'm "Erich" over at the S&W Forum (and many others).

What H&K is that on the bottom row?

And, are you still super-pleased with your PPK (I've got some free money heading my way . . .)?

cheers, erich

·
Registered
713 Posts
I don't think pleased is the proper word  He is almost a nut case about the PPK/S I belive he kneels in prayer 3 times a day towards MASS.

Least I still Have bersatalk to my self    I'm the big dog their Ha! Ha!  

1 - 20 of 42 Posts