Walther Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well the GOOD news is the Hogue grips came for my S&W Walther PPK and they are AWESOME!!!! Fit and finish is fantastic. No gaps whatsoever and they feel NICE in the hand. Here's the pics...

And now the bad, or should I say, UNBELIEVEABLE news. :eek:
The replacement plastic grips on my PPK are corroded AGAIN!!! Not as bad as before, but definitely corroded. Only thing I can think of is possibly the foam case liner is reacting with the Ballistol and Zytel plastic on the grips. I had just a tiny of bit of Ballistol on the top edge of the grip and it had corroded there.
So the bottom line is if you are gonna clean and oil your S&W PPK, take the grips OFF first, and when you replace them make sure ALL solvent and oil is OFF the gun in the grip area. For me, my PPK will NEVER see those POS plastic crap S&W grips ever again.

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
2,808 Posts
Dep,

Very nice! :cool:

Get that pup out to the range and see how it shoots! I'll bet these grips will be easier to shoot than the original thin plastic panels.

You'll be really well heeled when those Eagle Grips get here on that slow boat from Calcutta. You might have to buy another PPK, some say a second gun is better than a reload! ;)

As for the replacement grips dissolving on you ...astounding!!! I'd keep them out in the garage in case they are toxic.... they don't say "made in China" do they? :eek:

·
Registered
529 Posts
That is a shame to hear. I currently have 5 pre '68 PPKs and I had 3 other modern Walther models in the past, all German made.
I never had to worry about any cleaning solvents or oil reacting to the plastic grip composition.

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Malysh: SUPPOSELDY, S&W "improved" the grips on their versions of the PPK and PPK/S by installing "Zytel" grips on them. I have had PPK/S pistols in the past and NEVER had any problems with the grips corroding. Whatever S&W is doing with the new grips, it's really bad news. I'm just happy as hell the Hogue grips fit and look great. And they feel awesome too. Much more comfortable in the hand than the factory plastic ones.

153: I have the replacement S&W grips in a plastic bag and that is where they will stay forever. Eagle can take their time or never ship me their grips. The Hogues are great and worth every penny of the $55 I paid for them. :D

Dep

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Banned
7,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.