Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a P99 from a fellow on this site, Serial Number 0325xx two tone color, 9mm. Any one know when it was manufactured ? Came with four 16 round mags. case and cleaning rod. Also came with two extra back straps.

How do I field strip it, please keep it simple for me.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
you should have a 2 latter code on the barrel... next to a "eagle/N" marks and a staghorn...
the 2 letter code is also if it is a early one near the "closed" rails on the fron of the frame......
date code is as follow
A = 0
B = 1
C = 2
D = 3
E = 4
F = 5
G = 6
H = 7
I = 8
K = 9

so put the 2 letters together and it gives you a year code...

this link is to a P99 manual.... hope this helps fieldstrippen the P99... its real easy... just don't forget to take the mag out first and clear the chamber
http://www.lenaburgs.net/james/Guns/P99Manual.pdf

any other questions can be answered by reading this link.. and if you need more info post here and somebody will answer you
http://www.gunfaqs.org/P99FAQ/

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Stll cannot field strip this pistol, if anyone can help, I would appreciate it. Could not access the two sites uncut posted here. Don't know why ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Disassembly
WARNING: It is possible to disassemble this pistol with a live cartridge loaded in
the chamber. DO NOT DO SO. Be sure you unload the pistol completely before
starting disassembly. Take out the magazine and clear the chamber by pulling
open the slide and looking in the chamber to be sure it is empty.
Field stripping takes no tools. Do not pry or hammer on this pistol. First, decock
the striker by pushing down on the decocker. With the pistol unloaded, hold the
grip with your right hand and put your left index finger and thumb on the
takedown catch. With your left hand pull down the takedown catch. When it
comes down about 1/8 inch, you can push the slide forward off the frame.

copy and pasted from the above website, online manual

·
Registered
83 Posts
One of the key steps in P99 takedown is NOT in the manual! After removing mag and racking slide to make sure the gun is empty - move the slide about 1/8" to the rear to remove spring pressure, then pull down the takedown catch. The act of moving the slide rearward makes moving the takedown catch much easier! Hope this helps!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ Oct. 09 2006,7:04)]you should have a 2 latter code on the barrel... next to a "eagle/N" marks and a staghorn...
the 2 letter code is also if it is a early one near the "closed" rails on the fron of the frame......
date code is as follow
A = 0
B = 1
C = 2
D = 3
E = 4
F = 5
G = 6
H = 7
I = 8
K = 9

so put the 2 letters together and it gives you a year code...

this link is to a P99 manual.... hope this helps fieldstrippen the P99... its real easy... just don't forget to take the mag out first and clear the chamber
http://www.lenaburgs.net/james/Guns/P99Manual.pdf

any other questions can be answered by reading this link.. and if you need more info post here and somebody will answer you
http://www.gunfaqs.org/P99FAQ/
This P99 has a double AA for the date code, assuming I looked in the correct place. Translates to What
? 2000 ? also is it possible to put the recoil spring in backwards

·
Registered
280 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (artysgt @ Oct. 12 2006,7:32)]This P99 has a double AA for the date code, assuming I looked in the correct place. Translates to What
? 2000 ?  also is it possible to put the recoil spring in backwards
Yes, 2000. No, spring will not seat snuggly.

·
Registered
471 Posts
We did have a fellow manage to put the spring in backwards here a year or two ago, and it firmly locked up his P99... Seems to me he had to have a gunsmith take it back apart for him...
Just remember, the pretty end is the one that's seen...

Nice pictures Yakko!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well, I finelly took this gun apart, and it was easy once you know the ropes. Thanks to all for the help. I'm an old guy and these newer guns are some thing else. I have my eye on a PP super next.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts