Walther Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I'm new here but two weeks ago I got lucky and found a 1967 ppk in.380 in excellent condition with the box but no paper work. Just thought I'd see what more experienced eyes think. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Premium Member
That's a nice looking PPK. Did it just come with the one magazine ?

Super Moderator
Nice gun. How much of a beating did you take?
Moon

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice gun. How much of a beating did you take?
Moon
Hi halfmoonclip: I paid more than I wanted to but I've dealt a lot with this gun shop in Montreal. He let it go for $798 tax in delivered to Saskatchewan.

Super Moderator
That sounds like a deal, klind.
Always have to ask, how much trouble was that to buy in Canada? Was the barrel length an issue?
Thanks, and welcome to the forum.
Moon

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That sounds like a deal, klind.
Always have to ask, how much trouble was that to buy in Canada? Was the barrel length an issue?
Thanks, and welcome to the forum.
Moon
I'm grandfathered up here which means that I can own handguns with a barrel length under 4.25 inches, which are called prohibitive, so when I do so do they,unless I can sell them to someone else with a prohib license or to one or you fine people in the U.S which I will probably do mine are too nice to get turned into license plates.

Super Moderator
Thanks, klind, and folks on this forum would be happy to have that pistole when you weary of it. I take it exporting it isn't an issue? Ya gotta love gun laws.
Glock's new 48 was apparently designed with yinz folks in mind; it has the 4.25" barrel and 10 round capacity.
Moon

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks, klind, and folks on this forum would be happy to have that pistole when you weary of it. I take it exporting it isn't an issue? Ya gotta love gun laws.
Glock's new 48 was apparently designed with yinz folks in mind; it has the 4.25" barrel and 10 round capacity.
Moon
Yes there's going to be a lot of 4.25 barrels kicking around. I think it's a load of crap but what do I know, only been handling hand guns and owning them safely since 1983.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sure, folks on this forum would be absolutely positively delighted, but if it were possible to import a PPK into the United States, everybody would be doing it.

M
MGMike: they can be brokered from Canada to the U.S it might be a bit of a pain in the ass but it can be done, I know someone who did it with a pair of colt snake eyes.

Registered
I'm not experienced with the PPK, but that's a great looking pistol! Lots classier than the stainless look, I think.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm not experienced with the PPK, but that's a great looking pistol! Lots classier than the stainless look, I think.
Thanks MDS much appreciate it I was lucky to stumble upon it.

Premium Member
MGMike: they can be brokered from Canada to the U.S it might be a bit of a pain in the ass but it can be done, I know someone who did it with a pair of colt snake eyes.
I have no idea what colt snake eyes are, but the PPK has been legally barred from importation into the USA since 1968.

M

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have no idea what colt snake eyes are, but the PPK has been legally barred from importation into the USA since 1968.

M
M: Oh crap sorry I forgot about that,we then I screwed, snake eyes are 2in pythons one blued and one stainless.

Super Moderator

Moon

Mike, hadn't thot' about the GCA '68 being a factor; I was thinking in more general terms.
Moon

1 - 18 of 18 Posts