Walther Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
That’s very cool. Where did you get the plate?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plate came from OpticsTrade, with cutout, I like how it goes into the rear sight dovetail. It's designed so that once you get the main part slid into the dovetail, the plate sits on top and it doesn't slide around. Sort of locks in place.

It fits these sights:

Docter/Noblex Sight C
Docter/Noblex sight 2+
Docter/Noblex sight III
Docter/Noblex QUICKsight 5.0 VR
Burris Fastfire 2
Burris Fastfire 3
Vortex Viper
Vortex Venom
Leica Tempus
MAKdot 1×25
Sightmark Mini Shot M-Spec
Vomz Pilad 1×20
Delta Optical MiniDot
Delta Optical MiniDot II

Here's the link

https://www.optics-trade.eu/us/henneberger-hms-docter-sight-mount-for-walther-p99.html

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I have been looking for something like this that is basically drop in. Can't wait to hear how it holds up long term.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ordered the plate over the weekend. Curious about the Noblex sight. I read mixed reviews and don't know anyone that has first hand info on it. I pretty much see mixed reviews on all red dots. Hoping to keep under $300, but also don't want to go cheap and regret it.

I'm going to wait for the plate before buying a red dot just to make sure what I get will fit.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I ordered the plate over the weekend. Curious about the Noblex sight. I read mixed reviews and don't know anyone that has first hand info on it. I pretty much see mixed reviews on all red dots. Hoping to keep under $300, but also don't want to go cheap and regret it.

I'm going to wait for the plate before buying a red dot just to make sure what I get will fit.
Yeah, I looked around a lot for reviews and got nothing, sort of just went with it, and although I haven't shot it, I like it. Hopefully I'll shoot it this week as it's warmed up a bit.
I like the auto on, when the cover comes off. The battery is easy to replace (even though the mount has to come off, so possibly re-zero) I was not a fan of the burris fastfire 3, the battery compartment was not well designed, and you could strip the threads very easily.
I like the build quality of the Noblex.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will also say that the Noblex sight does not have clicks on the screws to adjust the zero. It comes with a separate dial and a screwdriver, and you have to use that, it's a little old school I would say. I'll report back how it works. It does have locking screws though, which I like.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
I ended up getting the plate from EGW for RMR since I like the Holosun. I’m having a buddy mill out a little half-moon shape above the decocking button. It can’t be the full size of the button, but it’s the size of a thumbnail. It was cheap enough to give it a shot, and is a little thinner than the one from OpticsTrade. It’s a long shot but I’ll post a pic up when I get it back.

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
So here is the EGW plate with the little ‘thumbnail’ cutout to go over the decocking button. I’ll be able to mount my Holosun on it. But the fit and finish is nothing like kaptainsims’ Mount. It still might not be enough space to get the thumb up under the overlapping edge of the optic - we’ll see how it works when I get a chance to mount it.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I went out to the range today and shot it with the red dot. Once zeroed, which was very easy at 25 yards. Oh boy, it should be illegal to have a red dot on a pistol. I didn't get the chance to shoot at 50 as my feet were getting cold, but 25 yards was a joke. Bullseye, bullseye, bullseye. I didn't know my P99 was actually accurate. I would definitely say that if one has a defensive pistol with a red dot, a bigger dot would be better. Perhaps shooting it a bunch I'd get more comfortable of bringing up the pistol quickly and accurately shooting, without searching for the dot. Fun day!

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
So I finally mounted the EGW plate on my new/old bargain P99c (I’m still giddy over that). I’ll attach some pics. I think kaptainsims’ plate is better for the decocking because it is much taller and gives room to get your thumb up under the optic and onto the button.

I don’t want to lose zero on my Holosun on the Q4 and my new Holosun is on it’s way, so you’ll have to use some imagination with these pics. Yes, the cutout will give some room now for a thumbnail to get up under the optic, but not nearly as easily as kaptainsims’ import does. And a big thumb might not be able to do it. A deeper cut into the plate might help a little, but I don’t think so. It’s basically a compromise with setting the optic several millimeters lower vs much easier access to the decocking button. In my case, I wanted lower profile so that’s why I chose this first.

Once I mount the optic, my mind may be changed and I’ll be buying kaptainsims’ plate. But if I can easily ‘enough’ reach the button, I’ll probably be happy with the compromise.

Also, there is a hole for the plunger so you slide the plate on and it locks into place once the hole gets over the plunger. You can remove it by depressing the plunger with a paperclip through a tiny hole on top.

More to follow once the new optic arrives.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
Well, I couldn’t wait so I’ve pulled the optic off the Q4 just to temporary mount it. I still need to finish off the plate so these pics are just to show it mounted.

Once again, kaptainsims’ plate will give you the best access to the decocker but this little cutout allows me to get my thumb up under the optic and depress the button, so I’m happy enough with it. I’d say it’s a viable option particularly if you want the optic lower on the slide by a few mm.

It does look a little big on the compact...an RMSc might look better, but I really like these sights.

Attachments

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, I couldn’t wait so I’ve pulled the optic off the Q4 just to temporary mount it. I still need to finish off the plate so these pics are just to show it mounted.

Once again, kaptainsims’ plate will give you the best access to the decocker but this little cutout allows me to get my thumb up under the optic and depress the button, so I’m happy enough with it. I’d say it’s a viable option particularly if you want the optic lower on the slide by a few mm.

It does look a little big on the compact...an RMSc might look better, but I really like these sights.
That doesn't look too bad, definitely lower, took me a bit to get used to my plate, kinda tall, but it works

1 - 16 of 16 Posts