Walther Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slide is same as what been coming in to the Country lately.
Eagle over N on slide and frame. Stag horn proof, Between these two is a lightly stamped Ih or IH. Can anyone ID this mark ? Are these Police surplus or military ? Serial number is 70184X. D.O.B. ? I don't see any other proofs on this pistol. Box, cleaning rod, papers.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
artysgt,

The IH is the date code:

A = 0
B = 1
C = 2
D = 3
E = 4
F = 5
G = 6
H = 7
I = 8
K = 9

So your PP was made in 1987. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
They are probably just regular PP's. Being that late in year being made, I doubt they were for police or military, unless they were set aside as back up or undercover weapons.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Where did you get it
got pics ?
Did it come with a test target? Most of Government trades don't come with test targets...
How much did you pay for it?

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Hmmm, could have been a police backup gun that was in storage forever. Does it look like it's been used much?

As far as I know, the police and military were using full sized guns in 9mm around that time frame. That's why I say it may be a police backup gun or an undercover agent gun. The markings you describe are just normal proof marks, etc. Most police agencies would stamp them with their insignia if they were issued.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Also if it was a police trade-in it should have some importmarks,,,,

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ April 26 2006,3:06)]Also if it was a police trade-in it should have some importmarks,,,,
That depends. I have seen them without import marks. I know it's illegal, but they do exist.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
The PP I just got...... great ....
It made it's way from Canada's Walther importer somehow to the USA.... the importmarks are in the magwell.... so nobody can see it just by looking at the frame....and I guess in Canada they don't have to put silly Import marks on the frame or slide like here in the US...so it looks like it has non at all....
It's a keeper....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes, it appears to have been used, it has holster ware, and it is a 7.65mm. Import mark is CIA. GEORGIA VT.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
its a government trade of some sort.........

look here.....

Those have the CAI import marks... it stands for "Century arms imports"

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (artysgt @ April 27 2006,9:39)]Yes, it appears to have been used, it has holster ware, and it is a 7.65mm. Import mark is CIA. GEORGIA VT.
Ah yes. Then it probably is a military or police gun. Some of the police agencies put their stamps on them. I had one with Nds inside a square once. This was a police department was the State Police of Niedersachsen, which was Lower Saxonia, West Germany.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts