Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I'm a brand new member to this nice site and just bought a P88 yesterday.
I visited a guy with a 9mm Walther P88 for sale yesterday afternoon, he used to be a member of my pistol club a few years ago ..... he told me over the phone that he also had a S&W Model 17, a Tarus .38 and a little Baby Browning in .25 for sale.

His P88 has only about fired 50 rounds, it's in as-new condition with a spare mag and handbook. He said that he had quite a lot of 9mm ammo to go with it.

I asked him how much he wanted for the P88, he said 'make an offer', I said that my budget was fairly low, he said it was no problem, he really just wanted to get rid of his handguns because he has other interests now.
I said that I was looking at a used Browning Hi-Power for $400 (I wanted to get into 9mm shooting) and asked if that was enough...... he said nothing so I offered $500, he said O/K......... but for that price I had to take the Baby Browning too! (I'll sell the little Browning).

The S/N of my P88 is 001024, which I guess is the 1024th production P88. Is it true that only 10,000 were made?

Well, that's my first post, it would be nice to see what you guys think of my purchase, anyone else have a low S/N P88?

cheers,

John H

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
WOW  

you stole that P88 for that price... that is amazing.....
Nice to know that there is still deals on some things if you just hang around and let the gun find you
congrats on the P88.... I bet you will love it

as to the serial #... you are correct the first P88 that went in production left with the serial # 1001.....
as to the #'s of P88 made... I am not sure and would have to read up some more...

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Yeah, great gun, great price, great deal. Welcome to the club...you will need the money that you saved...next you will want a P5, a P88c, a P99, a P99c.....oh, and never sell a Walther...except to one of us on this board.
Keep it in the family....

·
Registered
174 Posts
And a PP and a PPK and a PP super....etc...

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys,

are there any P88 tests (like a G&A test) I can see on the internet, I have seen one, but one is not enough, I need MORE! More photos, more likes/dislikes, more honest opinions on the P88 (I'm a bit of an information junkie). My budget will not allow me any more Walthers, but I got a gift voucher for my birthday for a sports store that sells P22s....... another couple of $ and I will get one just for tin cans up at the cabin!
(My brother gave me a P22 laser sight for my birthday so I HAVE to get a P22 anyway!) (What do you Walther folks think of the little P22?).
cheers,

-John H

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OH YEAH........

I forgot to tell you guys.... my local gunshop (Walther dealer) has THREE Walther .22 conversion kits for the P88 (not compact), they have test targets with them that have about 1inch groups at 25 meters. (I guess they are pretty scarce?!).

I MUST start saveing!!!!!!

What do you think obout that?

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Ummm Joh

now how much is your gunshop asking for those
?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi uncut......

well, they want just over $1000 each for them, I will have to sell a few things, but I was looking for a good .22 target pistol anyway, looks like I found one! (has anyone seen or heard of .22 conversions for P88 before? I'll take my camera next visit!).

IAM going to get one!

They are consecutive numbers... maybe I should get all three!

see you later,

John H

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
O/K...........muttering to myself.......

I just called Earl's....... the .22 conversion is not for the P88, It's for the P88 Champion target pistol, he said that it will fit on the standard P88 Compact though!......RATS!

cheers,
sniff,
-John H
(I guess I don't have to sell the kids now!)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I told you...you will need your extra money to buy some other Walthers. Look on the bright side. If you sell your kids you can always have another...but never sell a Walther.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts