Walther Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wanted to say it's good to be back.....:)
My P99 has another 600 rounds or so down range without any hickups.....
I went to Frontsight for the 4 day defensive handgun class and could have not asked for a better handgun to take....besides the waether was just perfect for me.....dry Las Vegas heat in the 90's.....
while there I saw two Glocks and a few 1911's go south while shooting.... not sure on the XD's and some SIG's that were on the line as well as two HK's ... but the two Glock's sure took me by surprise.....:eek:

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Worth the money?? ...
  • $150 for the class (certificate)
  • $350 for 5 nights in the Motel
  • $200 gas money
  • some food that I put on ice and brought from home
  • knowing that I can shoot a controled pair from concealed carry in less than 3 seconds @ 10 meeters and hit my target
  • Priceless

All fun aside, I wish I could afford a membership so I could go back over and over. Besides the private citizen, there was a few LEO's and what surprised me, a LEO from Canada.
At times I felt like there was information overload and not enough time to dry practice the skill they were teaching... but I guess in 4 days there is a lot to cover and you win some and you loose some. The practice guide will be sitting on my desk for some time to come and I will dedicate at least 20 minutes every day to dry practice.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Uncut
Doesn't frontsite claim their training is to fire the two shots in 1.5 seconds??? Or is that an advanced class or something.
From what I understand the LEO's are heavily advertised to in that all LEO's in the area are given 4 free days to try it out. That is their target audience I guess. Were teh LEO's members, long time participants or what. I have a lot of questions, so I will probably call you about it later.
Wage out

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
controlled pair from concealed holster @ 3m 1.6 seconds
controlled pair from concealed holster @ 5m 1.8 seconds
controlled pair from ready @ 5m 1.2 seconds
controlled pair from concealed holster @ 7m 1.9 seconds
controlled pair from concealed holster @ 10m 2.4 seconds
controlled pair from concealed holster @ 15m 2.7 seconds
controlled pair from concealer holster @ 7m 1.9 seconds followed by a untimed headshot
single head shot from concealed holster @ 5m 1.7 seconds

At the end of the 4 days you will take 2 tests that make up your final score.
shooting and malfunction clearances/reloads which will be scored so you know where you are at when you leave.....
Since this was my first ever course I have taken, I have nothing to compare it to ......

you can call me anytime you want.....
Oliver

·
Registered
358 Posts
Glocks go south because mall ninjas put in plastic buffers that go bad, aftermarket BS etc. Although I have put in the 3.5 pound tigger and steel guide rod thats all I have done. Glocks can be modified but people think its drop and go. As for the 1911s.... not surprising.

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
both Glocks had a round stuck in the chamber.......and both were in .40S&W

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
What are dot drills ???

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
btt
still wanna know what dot drills are.......

I know there is another member here that went to Frontsight not too long ago.......maybe he can give his comments also.... this was my first time ever class and I have nothing to compare it to..... but I have to say it again...
for the money spent I have no regrets whatsoever and I am glad I went and would do it again in a heartbeat if given the chance or the funds to do it :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts