Walther Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The market is experiencing a downturn. I'm thinking because the new iteration isn't selling well the whole PP market is suppressed. I thought the opposite would happen but it goes to show you. TONS of good deals to be had on Classics even on GB. Now is the time to go for a PP pistols. Don't forget the PP Super.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Maybe that also has something to do with the current market for PPs / PPKs in Germany. Here you can buy at time many used PPs/PPKs for half the price compared to 10 years ago. But the majority of these Walthers are in excellent or even mint condition.
There are two main reasons for this:
1) Many old hunters want to sell their weapons because they do no hunt anylonger.
BTW Most probably my P5 compact in mint condition I bought 3 weeks ago is such an example. I don't know it exactly because I bought it from a gun trader.
2) The calibers .32 acp and .38 acp are now considered as too weak for a killing shot and therefore hunters try to sell their pistols with these calibers.
BTW That's also valid for snubnose revolvers caliber .38 spec. I traded in my S & W M60 for the P5 compact.
Because of the above named low prices in Germany, the export to the USA becomes worthwhile - at least at time the prices for older Walthers are much higher in the USA than in Germany.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
The market is experiencing a downturn. I'm thinking because the new iteration isn't selling well the whole PP market is suppressed. I thought the opposite would happen but it goes to show you. TONS of good deals to be had on Classics even on GB. Now is the time to go for a PP pistols. Don't forget the PP Super.
Jimbo, not trying to be argumentative but how do you know the new version is not selling well? Are there numbers published for individual guns showing such things?

I have to think the PPK family is a niche market nowadays. I'd be shocked if it were a runaway best seller. The question is, is it selling well enough to be profitable for Walther?

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Jimbo, not trying to be argumentative but how do you know the new version is not selling well?
As answered in another thread, I know because I sell them for a living. The whole market is down it's not just Walther that's selling poorly.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Getting more detailed information about the current prices for Walthers in Germany

Maybe someone has already posted in another reply a similar instruction, but till yet I couldn't find one.

If you want to get more detailed information about the current prices for Walthers in Germany, visit the German website of
https://www.egun.de
Egun is a similar enterprise in Germany as for example Gunbrokers in the USA.

How to reach the website for Walthers on egun:

On the starting website https://www.egun.de you have to click in the middle on the blue link "zur Startseite".

On the following site click at the left side in the blue menu on "Großkaliber Kurzwaffen".

On the follwing site click at the left side in the blue menu on "Gebrauchspistolen".

On the follwing site click at the left side in the blue menu nearly at the end on "Walther".

If you want to get an English translation of the following websites with all offered Walthers copy and paste the respective URL into the translation program Google translate and you will get after clicking on the right side on the now shown URL the respective egun website in English. You can do that with every sub-website with Walthers on egun.

If you are interested more in "Military Walthers" click on the site, where you had chosen the link "Gebrauchspistolen" on the link "Militärische Pistolen".
On the following site you will find Walthers as well, but also a lot of other military pistols.

I hope, I could help a little bit by this instruction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts