Walther Forums banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I shot the Canik clone of the Walther PPQ Q5 Match, and wound up buying the Walther. You only wince once when you buy quality. Not that Canik isn't nice, but for me it was Walther all the way. No regrets.
Thanks MattyQ. I hoped to hear from someone who had this kind of trial usage with the Canik, especially in competition.

Which Canik is the PPQ clone? Is that the SA? SF?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I bought a Creed for $279 at my LGS about six months ago.

The only issue I have had with it was the white dot came off of the front site at my first range outing. I called Walther and they sent me a new front site. I received it in less than a week and it took me less than 5 minutes to install it. Great service.

I also put Talon grips on it, which I highly recommend. I found the stock grip to be a little slippery for my liking. The regular rubber talon grips make a big difference IMO. Consider me biased as I have Talon grips on all of my guns

The gun is a total steal for the price. It's well built, shoots great, has high capacity, a great trigger and life time warranty. What's not to like?

I'm glad you chose to buy one, you won't be disappointed. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts

The only issue I have had with it was the white dot came off of the front site at my first range outing. I called Walther and they sent me a new front site. I received it in less than a week and it took me less than 5 minutes to install it. Great service.

I also put Talon grips on it, which I highly recommend. I found the stock grip to be a little slippery for my liking. The regular rubber talon grips make a big difference IMO. Consider me biased as I have Talon grips on all of my guns

Ditto... I added the Talon grips to my CREED. Great addition!!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #25

The gun is a total steal for the price. It's well built, shoots great, has high capacity, a great trigger and life time warranty. What's not to like?

I'm glad you chose to buy one, you won't be disappointed. :)
What is LGS? I found a few Google references to Larry's Gun Shop out in New Mexico. Suppose that it! That is a very good price. I did buy my gun...got it from CDNN $269 plus shipping, etc.

It fires very well. I have a learning curve with it. I need to check out how to adjust the sight. The elevation is dead on, but windage is an inch or so to the left at 7 yards.

I probably should have given it a more thorough cleaning before I fired it this morning.

It fired well, but in recycling, the slide does not always return fully to the front. At those times, it will not fire. About half the time, it still needs about 1/8" of travel to be back to firing position. So I found myself having to slap it forward after a lot of the shots. I had hoped that firing would help correct it, but after a full box of 50, it is still doing it. I'll give it a good cleaning and oiling, then try again. If it does the same, I'll call Ft. Smith.

But I do like the gun. It feels great in my hand. I will look into the TALON grips that you mentioned. I have never heard of them, but admit that I've not heard of a LOT of gun equipment.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,812 Posts
LGS = your Local Gun Store.
As opposed to buying from a big chain store like Cabela's, or from a big online store like Hyatt's.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Local Gun Shop/Store.;)

I had the same Return To Battery(RTB) issue with my PPX when I first shot it. I tightened up my grip and the gun functioned fine after that.

The shooting left is probably you. Too much finger and its pushing the barrel slightly to the left while firing.

Let someone else shoot it to help diagnose the RTB and the shooting left.

Reactions: Mudbug

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
LGS = your Local Gun Store.
As opposed to buying from a big chain store like Cabela's, or from a big online store like Hyatt's.
Gotcha! What's Hyatts? LOL! (You don't have to answer. I've never seen one of their ads or such.)

·
Registered
28 Posts
I think the Canik clone was the TP9SFX. I even think I saw videos taking the Canik upper slide and putting it on the Walther PPQ Q5 match. I have not shot in a competition with either, not my thing, just saying that personally I popped for the Walther and I never looked back. Nothing wrong with either, you want Canik, get Canik, but I think for total overall buyer experience for the life of the pistol, I'm putting my chips on Walther.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Nothing wrong with either, you want Canik, get Canik, but I think for total overall buyer experience for the life of the pistol, I'm putting my chips on Walther.
I agree. I did!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts