Walther Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an opportunity to buy a brand new Walther Creed online for $270. Maybe some of you have seen the ad. Of course, there will be an FFL charge too, so let's say $300.

Locally a gunshop offered me a new one for $399 today, so I came home and did some comparative shopping. The $270 price seems great. Almost too great. And when something seems too good to be true, it usually is.

My questions, of course, are: 1) Is the Creed Reliable? What are it's main issues?

I AM NOT a gun expert. I'm reasonably new at handguns in fact, so lots of the terminology that you will be tempted to use will go right over my head. Be basic with your replies.

On the other hand, neither am I a fresh out of high school puppy. I'm 70 years old, so I have learned to do some studying and learned a little bit about handguns in the past 2-1/2 years.

Nearly two years ago, I bought a Walther P22Q. After a LOT of problems with stove piping, FTF's, ejection problems, I finally got it to behave itself, sometimes with modifications that have to be made, and also with a few thousand rounds burning through it. I really don't want a repeat of that with this Walther.

CREED Owners: Give me your thoughts.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
$270 is a good price. The Creed is a re-modeled, re-branded PPX, so it will be a good shooter. Sweet trigger.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
CDNN has been offering the Creed for a while at that price. I have had several very positive experiences with them and can think of no reason not to buy one if I were to want one.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
1990, 320,
Thanks for the quick replies. I have heard of the CREED, but never paid any attention to any of the comments before now.

Does anyone know of the gun's shortcomings?

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
The Creed is not one of the Walthers that many enthusiasts own in my experience. Nothing notably wrong with it, simply not a PPQ or as sophisticated as the P99. I'd read the old posts and keep in mind that many posts that start problem threads are from first time owners or a handgun.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I bought mine back in January of this year from CDNN and have never regretted it. The gun shoots fantastic. I have about 1500 round through it and never once has it given me a problem. I have a friend who also bought the Creed about a month ago after shooting mine and while he doesn't have as many rounds through it, it has also never had a problem. And CDNN is very easy to work with and they ship very fast. I think I received the Creed 3 days after placing the order.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
I bought mine back in January of this year from CDNN and have never regretted it. The gun shoots fantastic. I have about 1500 round through it and never once has it given me a problem. I have a friend who also bought the Creed about a month ago after shooting mine and while he doesn't have as many rounds through it, it has also never had a problem. And CDNN is very easy to work with and they ship very fast. I think I received the Creed 3 days after placing the order.
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I picked up a Creed last October as my first handgun - and another in December! Both at $300 at my local store.

I choose it for several reasons: Walther brand, low price, 9mm, double-stack (16 rounds plus 1), simple takedown and assemby, full-sized, great accuracy and great trigger.

As your first, you cannot go wrong.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, everyone. I think that I've read enough now to be satisfied that the CREED at the $260 price is a dependable gun at a legitimate price.

As I said, I didn't want the problems that I had with the P22 when it was new. I would not recommend that one to anyone, unless it was a used purchase that the previous owner took the time to work out all the problems that come with it new.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just purchased a CREED and fired over 200 rds with this pistol. Great shooting 9mm and the trigger is just AWESOME!! I looked at the Ruger Security 9... I own a few Ruger firearms any they are a good value for the money. The CREED just fit my hand better, the trigger was smoother than the Ruger and I just hate Ruger using that Glock style rear "U" rear sight. Plus, the CREED came with an extra mag!!

Just my 2cents...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Creed is an awesome full size semi auto. Was my first pistol, no regrets, I really like the way it fits my hand. Added Talon grips, fit perfectly. Good range gun. Don't shoot it much once I got the Q5 Match with Trijicon RMR red dot. Due to older eyes, love the red dot but it would require a gunsmith to put one on the Creed.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just bought a Creed last week, and I like it very much so! It’s a larger frame pistol than say my Ruger Security 9, but I like that. My range report is as follows:
Nice trigger, very accurate, same great feel on the grips as the CCP I bought for the wife. Love the high capacity mags (2) that come with it! But loading em is kinda a pain because there are so many rounds I gotta put in the thing (a both good and bad thing I suppose)
I picked up another clip for it for $19.95 at CDNN, as well another mag for my S&W .40.
Love the Creed!
My only possible negative is I twice had a double tap on it. Have done the same with the CCP also. Not sure if it’s me and not used to those triggers or something.

·
Registered
117 Posts
I just bought a Creed last week, and I like it very much so! It’s a larger frame pistol than say my Ruger Security 9, but I like that. My range report is as follows:
Nice trigger, very accurate, same great feel on the grips as the CCP I bought for the wife. Love the high capacity mags (2) that come with it! But loading em is kinda a pain because there are so many rounds I gotta put in the thing (a both good and bad thing I suppose)
I picked up another clip for it for $19.95 at CDNN, as well another mag for my S&W .40.
Love the Creed!
My only possible negative is I twice had a double tap on it. Have done the same with the CCP also. Not sure if it’s me and not used to those triggers or something.
When I went from my G19 Gen 3, to the G19 Gen 5, I had a learning curve with the trigger too. I am used to the Gen 5 trigger now, but was not at first.

·
Registered
36 Posts
“When I went from my G19 Gen 3, to the G19 Gen 5, I had a learning curve with the trigger too. I am used to the Gen 5 trigger now, but was not at first.“

Yeah I guess I need to go to the range more to get used to it....darn it! 😁

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hickok45 is "spot on" with has review. After watching this review, Nutnfancey's review and a few others... I was sold!! You will not be disappointed if you purchase a CREED.
Tanks, BigMau,
I think I have decided to buy the CREED. I just cannot get past the lifetime warranty thing on all WALTHER guns. My other choices were the two Turkish guns...Canik and SAR's different 9mm's. Both now have American support facilities, but I worry.....

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.