Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I make my own targets....6" circles with bulls eye- one above the other on cardboard. Today, shooting at 10 yds with PPQ 4, Shot the lower target great.....when I went to the upper target, I actually missed the whole target the first 2 shots! Finally got better, but not good groups . Have had somewhat same problem before. Obviously, there must be something to do with switching position of the target.

anyone ever had anything like this....and suggestions welcome

·
Registered
47 Posts
Still consider myself a novice shooter and this happens occasionally when I haven't shot for awhile. I use a Walther P99C and a SIG P250SC most commonly. I find that it occurs most frequently it I am not focusing on a good grip, holding the gun steady through the trigger pull. Perfect sight alignment does not seem to matter as much as a strong, steady grip for me. Therefore I am starting to work on my grip strength.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I tend to use some targets that have a center target, and then one towards each corner of the paper. So five in total. I can shoot fairly good groups on the one in the center, and the two to the right. The ones on the left, The ones on the left side, my groups are 2x even 3x larger than the ones I was shooting before. Even to the point that they're scoring down around the center bullseye.
I'm of the opinion that it may be something to do with my depth perception or something like that, that's throwing me off so bad. I dunno if that's something that you might consider to be an issue for your or not, Joe.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Once comfortable with strong hand shooting, method/position of choice, try it with the other hand.
One handed style might allow for a bit more isolated concentration of proper grip and trigger finger control.
If time is of the essence, you can save some by not switching the gun from hand to hand when one hand shooting ..... by buying two. ;)

A Bird flew by and chirped: shoot 500 rounds a day and in a year you’ll get the hang of that 45. He left one and the ammo at the range.
Some officers get a smile with the salute.
Your tax dollars at work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts