Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about trading in my M2 for an M1. Reason is I've been wanting to get a ppq classic for just a range gun as well as home defense and occasional carry. I prefer the paddle release and want to try and keep it consistent between all my handguns. I love the grip on the m2 so I know that will take some getting used to if I switch, but is there anything else I should know about before making the change? Also does anyone have any experience if holsters generally fit both the m1 and m2?(kydex)

Thank you

·
Registered
24 Posts
I own both in 9mm and a P99AS, and I have to say I prefer the M1 over the M2. It seems to me that I can establish my firing grip much easier and faster with the M1. I've owned both for about the same time frame. Just my two cents worth

·
Registered
15 Posts
I only have an M1 but I am sold on the paddle mag release. No desire to move to an M2. I'm hoping to acquire a 2nd M1 this year if possible.

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
If you use an all leather holster, it should fit well enough but it won't be ideal.

Tommy Theis makes some excellent gear, I use his stuff for my PPQ and P99c. I also have a little leather AIWB for a PPS that also fits a P99c, though it's getting worked loose now and the PPS tends to slip out easier. Ughh, have to see if I can find a new one :D

·
Registered
119 Posts
I would do that trade in a heart beat. When I bought my M1, I compared the trigger to a M2 that was sitting next to it. No comparison. TO ME, the M1 was MUCH better. GARY

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm thinking about trading in my M2 for an M1. Reason is I've been wanting to get a ppq classic for just a range gun as well as home defense and occasional carry. I prefer the paddle release and want to try and keep it consistent between all my handguns. I love the grip on the m2 so I know that will take some getting used to if I switch, but is there anything else I should know about before making the change? Also does anyone have any experience if holsters generally fit both the m1 and m2?(kydex)

Thank you

If you want a Kydex holster that will fit both Concealmentexpress.com makes them for a little over $30. They are the only website I have seen that has a Kydex holster that fits both the M1 and M2.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a Clinger Stingray IWB kydex for my M1. When I got the M2 I dropped it in and it fit like a champ. Thought I was golden. Then I started noticing my mag was released maybe 25% of the time when I'd retrieve the gun. That's not good. Realized the M1 holster didn't cover the mag release button on the M2. I ordered a new holster and it covers the button on the M2 because it's designed for the M2. So just be aware of that liklihood if you try to share holsters.

That said... I love them both. But I love the M1 more. Especially with a Talon. M1 is my daily carry gun 80% of the time, maybe a little more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts