Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any body hear of the reason some glocks are blowing up.
At the glock site they say it is because of the chambering being to loose and the case is expanding and the brass is blowing out. I don't think there is a recall, they  ( Glock) just said to use fresh factory ammo, no reloads and there won't be a problem. I have never heard of a Walther doing this. It seams as this is a real safety issue. Any comments

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Glocks, especially in.40 S&W, have been known to have kaBooms or kB's.  The two culprits are bad reloads and people using unjacketed ammunition.  The .40 S&W cartridge has a very small room for error so it is very easy to over charge it when doing reloads.  Also Glock uses a type of rifling (polygonal, I think) that makes it more susceptible to fouling from lead.  

When talking about Glock problems you have to remember that those guns are in the hands of a lot of people, many more than those who have a P99.  A certain percentage will buy the gun and not know how to care for it or what is a do or a don't.  I've read many reports where the shooter bought reloads at a gun show from a guy he never saw before or since and all of a sudden kaBoom.  Many people who have had this happen will complain on the various gun boards that Glocks are poorly constructed or defectively designed.  They're just shifting the blame.

Never use ammo where you are not certain about its quality and you cannot go back to the source if there's a problem.  Every gun manufacturer I can think of strongly advises that only factory ammunition be used in the gun simply because factory ammo meets certain minimum criteria.  When you use reloaded ammo that you did not make yourself, you never know what generation the brass is (how many times it has been fired and resized- a process that leads to metal fatigue) or what the charge mixture is.

That is not to say you can't have a bad factory round.  That does occur, especially with poor quality ammunition.  Years ago Wolf ammo was well known for blowing up guns.  However, having a bad factory round from a quality manufacturer is not nearly as common as having a bad reloaded round.  -If nothing else, you know the factory round is using unfired brass.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Had a friends Glock 10mm KB with me… It was factory ammo… Nobody got hurt… Have NO idea what caused it…

1 - 3 of 3 Posts