Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was over on another forum (Beretta I think) and they were comparing Beretta mud tests to Glock mud tests. Needless to say, the Glock kept on shooting, and the Beretta needed a little coaxing.

That said, would the P99 hold up under such conditions as mud and sand and whatever else and keep on going?

I would think the decocker would be a point of entry for enough grit to slow it down??? Am I wrong?

Let me know...again, I'm just learning my new P99. So bear with me.

Thanks,

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
To my understanding this has been done in the German police trials. I could be wrong.

Also, the P99 was designed by a former head engineer from Glock. I'm sure he took all of his past experience into account when he designed the P99.

While I have not done a mud test on one of my P99's, I have ran one for 4000 rounds with out cleaning it. It never gave me a hic-up.

Also remember that the Glock is striker fired also!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yeah, that's a good question... I think Walther would be well served by publishing all the info. they could on their torture tests. Glock has had the benefit of many people puffing them up over the years... it'd be nice to see the same respect for the superior P99.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think the Glock would likely do better than the P99. The P99's striker is open to debris and has more points of entry for debris into the mechanism from the rear of the slide. JMO.

Striker fired pistols in general are more susceptible to sand and grit affecting their mechanisms from what I've read.

My SIG, on the other hand, is without peer.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts