Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may remember my trials and tribulatons with my first gen PPS M2 RMSc.

The sight wouldn't hold zero. It took about a month but Sheild replaced it at no cost. But... they forgot to send back my shim plate and Walther was out.

I eventually got the shim plate but had issues with the red dot going out if I tightned the screws down all the way. Found a position where light stayed on. Shot several hundred rounds through it at paper and plates.

Almost ready for it to be my regular carry gun.

After the range on Friday, I loaded the mag with Critical Duty and chambered a round. The red dot went out. By loosening screw tightness I could get an intermittent red dot. My theory is the bottom of the slide cutout is not flat and that tightening the screws twists the aluminum sight body enough to effect the reliability.

I bought the gun through Davidson's to have their life time warranty on this first ever Walther factory red dot.

I plan on sending it back to Davidson's (goes through my dealer) and if they replace it with a another I'm OK with that. I like the gun and the sight.

·
Registered
23 Posts
That's too bad.
If I had an experience like yours I would definitely be returning my PPS to Davidsons.

I guess I've been lucky so far as my PPS M2 RMSC has been rock solid.
I'll really put it to the test when I start shooting it this summer at my gun club's steel matches.
I'll find out how durable it is and if the Shield will hold up.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I heard from my gun shop. My replacement PPS M2 RMSc is already inbound from Davidson's. I'll take my gun in tomorrow. Total cost to me? $ 13

Scouts10 if by spacer you mean the shim plate under the red dot, I installed under the new sight. It's a thin metal plate with locating holes that go over the pins in the cut out.

BTW I did remember to remove my Meprolight night sights and reinstall the stock white dot sights.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got my new pistol today. Stiffer trigger but less gritty.

Now to add the Talon grips and TruGlo TFX sights and get to the range this weekend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Glad it all worked out. I just picked up my PPS M2 at my FFL today, not the RMSc,but I will say that the stock sights are better than the stock ones on my PPQ. I plan on trying out a Sig Sauer P320C RX soon because I want goop see if I like it and if I like a red dot on a pistol. If I don't want to buy the P320 but do like the red dot then I will either add one to my PPS or get the RMSc version and keep my current one as a backup or see if my wife takes to shooting and give it to her.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Red dots will spoil you but require a high level of confidence in their reliability before making them your EDC. I have not reached that point yet.

Don't be surprised if the white dots fall out of your rear sight on the PPS. I had they happen with my original ones and the replacement that Walther gave me. Just fill the hole with white paint for a longer fix. Better yet get a good set of night sights.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Red dots will spoil you but require a high level of confidence in their reliability before making them your EDC. I have not reached that point yet.
The RMS-C sight is perfectly clear and the iron sights are fully visible through it. If the dot failed for any reason the backup sights are still there. One nice thing about this model is that it doesn't require suppressor height sights.

·
Registered
8 Posts

Don't be surprised if the white dots fall out of your rear sight on the PPS. I had they happen with my original ones and the replacement that Walther gave me. Just fill the hole with white paint for a longer fix. Better yet get a good set of night sights.
I have read that so I hope it doesn't happen but I will either get a red dot or some other sights depending on what I like best. One of my AR15's has an EXPS2-2 with G33.STS Magnifier but I have not used a red dot on a pistol so I am looking forward to trying that out.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My PPS M2 RMSc has TruGlo TFX sights installed, Talon grip applied, and I boresighted the RMSc. Ready for the range this weekend.

·
Registered
8 Posts
My PPS M2 RMSc has TruGlo TFX sights installed, Talon grip applied, and I boresighted the RMSc. Ready for the range this weekend.
Cool. Let us know what you think.

I shot my PPs M2 for the first time this weekend and I liked it a lot better than the Glock 43 and Sig P365 that I shot a few weeks ago. I still tend to shoot these subcompact guns a little high and to the right, but it was not as much with the Walther. Just need some more practice since it feels a lot different than my PPQ M2.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The RMS-C sight is perfectly clear and the iron sights are fully visible through it. If the dot failed for any reason the backup sights are still there. One nice thing about this model is that it doesn't require suppressor height sights.
What he said ^^^

This was my main reason for purchasing the PPS with the Shield RMSC.

I've used red dots for a few years in competition and am fairly confident in my ability with them. If the dot quits during a match, I change the battery out or switch to a different gun. No big deal.

With a carry gun, you just don't have that option; you have to have some kind of sighting system that works all the time, every time.
I just wasn't sure about trusting a red dot on a carry pistol. However, having the sights on the PPS RMSC be usable all the time was what made the difference to me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Walther, or Shield?

Some of you may remember my trials and tribulatons with my first gen PPS M2 RMSc.

The sight wouldn't hold zero. It took about a month but Sheild replaced it at no cost. But... they forgot to send back my shim plate and Walther was out.

I eventually got the shim plate but had issues with the red dot going out if I tightned the screws down all the way. Found a position where light stayed on. Shot several hundred rounds through it at paper and plates.

Almost ready for it to be my regular carry gun.

After the range on Friday, I loaded the mag with Critical Duty and chambered a round. The red dot went out. By loosening screw tightness I could get an intermittent red dot. My theory is the bottom of the slide cutout is not flat and that tightening the screws twists the aluminum sight body enough to effect the reliability.

I bought the gun through Davidson's to have their life time warranty on this first ever Walther factory red dot.

I plan on sending it back to Davidson's (goes through my dealer) and if they replace it with a another I'm OK with that. I like the gun and the sight.

My RMSc will not hold zero now either. Should I be looking to Shield or Walther for warranty?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts