Walther Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a month ago I posted a thread regarding me making a huge mistake purchasing an M2 CCP! Well I take back all the negatively as I love this firearm! I fired over 500 rounds, watched a YouTube video on the CCP gritty trigger (which actually worked) and now I have a great firearm. I think I had one maybe two jams using whatever ammo was on sale. The gun eats everything! The firearm is sleak, great looking, accurate, and fits great in my IWB holster that I purchased from The Holster Store for about 30 bucks. The weight is also great as I carry. One thing to watch for is when you take it down be very careful when you push in on the rear and move the slide to the right that the very small red eyelet on the rear of the spring does not fly out. This happen to me and the red eyelet is somewhere in our dining room. I called Walther customer service and they sent me a replacement immediately! Summary, great firearm and superb customer service!!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
HA, same thing happened to me. The spring flew out wile I was cleaning the pistol,that was over a year ago and I still haven't found it.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Nice to hear some positive vibes.
Hoping it comes out in .380. I got plenty of 9’s.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Could you share the gritty trigger link? I bought the CCP for my girlfriend, but I havent warmed up to it yet, maybe an improved trigger would help.

·
Registered
351 Posts
HA, same thing happened to me. The spring flew out wile I was cleaning the pistol,that was over a year ago and I still haven't found it.
Guess one should order a couple spares when purchasing a CCP...lol

But seriously, I've been a huge fan of the concept since I first read about the original. The horrible reliability at launch, coupled with the requirement of a "tool" to break it down kept me from purchasing one.

But it sounds like Walther has fixed both of those issues with the M2, so it will probably be my next firearms purchase.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Through the magic of the Internet the rumor of a .380 CCP, first advertised at the SHOT show is apparently going to be a fairly positive reality- as of right this moment anyway.
If you’re a .380 fan that is. And when this will happen is another wild card.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I don't understand how a ccp in .380 would function properly. Would a .380 cartridge have enough power to work with the ccp gas system?

·
Registered
345 Posts
I don’t currently own a CCP so someone can correct me but if that is an issue would it just be a matter of a slightly lighter spring set up?

·
Premium Member
3,426 Posts
I don’t currently own a CCP so someone can correct me but if that is an issue would it just be a matter of a slightly lighter spring set up?
There's a significant pressure difference between the 380 (~ 21k-22k psi) and the 9mm (~33k-34k psi). Changing to a lighter spring alone might negatively affect the slide cycle resulting in failure to cock the striker as well as other failures. Just a guess but I could foresee a mod to the gas chamber and/or the piston rings.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I don't understand how a ccp in .380 would function properly. Would a .380 cartridge have enough power to work with the ccp gas system?
I have to believe that if a .380 can push a PPK/PPK/s with it’s heavy slide and strong spring, making a functioning CCP with a piston would be a piece of cake.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The video from Youtube was BUTTER SMOOTH CCP TRIGGER fron Kirby Junge, hope that helps as my trigger is extremely smooth! A drop on each side of the trigger then squeeze it back n forth for about 5 minutes the a quick shot of Rem Dry Lube and magic!

·
Read Only
5,165 Posts
Cive the CCP a chance!!!

No. Hell no. You can't make me. And if you try, I'm gonna tell mom!

;)

I've handled a few, of the "first gens", and apart from the horrid trigger, found it comfortable. Never shot one, so I'm only of half an opinion.

Too bad it's not offered with a paddle release...

·
Registered
10,226 Posts
You wouldn't simply stick a .380 round in the 9mm version fitted with a .380 barrel. It would again be a balancing act...slide weight, recoil spring strength and gas piston resistance adjusted for the .380 cartridge. Since the .380 doesn't come in such a wide variety of weight and power ranges it might be able to be adjusted to be more reliable than the wider range of 9mm ammo the current pistol tries to accommodate. 1917

·
Registered
2,866 Posts
You wouldn't simply stick a .380 round in the 9mm version fitted with a .380 barrel. It would again be a balancing act...slide weight, recoil spring strength and gas piston resistance adjusted for the .380 cartridge. Since the .380 doesn't come in such a wide variety of weight and power ranges it might be able to be adjusted to be more reliable than the wider range of 9mm ammo the current pistol tries to accommodate. 1917

Therein lies the rub.

Many won't own a CCP because the operating system WHEN DESIGNED AND PRODUCED CORRECTLY, will run almost regardless of ammo power level.

HK managed to juggle recoil spring, gas port diameter, chamber diameter to length ratio, piston to cylinder clearance, number of piston rings and placement of rings, and slide weight/travel distance. I would be willing to bet HK spent time at a factor of 100 to 1 juggling these variables in the test/develop stages of the P7, vs Umarex (parent company holding the purse) allowed spent on the CCP.

Search HK P7 failure to function issues. Good luck finding one.

I own two HK P7 M13s (shooter and safe queen), and zero CCPs. I buy guns that work.

I could have purchased ~17 CCPs for the cost of my 2 HKs, but I have NO need for 17 doorstops.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I will say, I really like my CCP M2 as well. The spring went flying across the store I purchased in when I got mine. The fellow I bought it from was taking it down and away it went! Fortunately we found it, and he was a little red faced over it. So, when I take mine down now, I’m very careful to place my thumb over that part to keep that from happening again! It eats just about anything I put through it. It does hate it when I limp wrist it though, so, I must be vigilant when firing it. But, it only gets better each time I shoot it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts