Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, go on and get the SW99 .40SW

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
No go get the S&W99/P99 first.....
but also note that there is 9mm also.....

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
[b said:
Quote[/b] (uncut @ April 18 2006,11:58)]No go get the S&W99/P99 first.....
but also note that there is 9mm also.....  
*note* I hate 9mms and will only use them if I have too.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I think the P22 and the P99 are too different to use interchangably (for training). They look similar, but the frames are different sizes, recoil is way different (especially with the .40). They are totally different guns IMO.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
Get the SW99 first - they stopped making them, and will be hard to find unless you get the heavier trigger 990L gun - the longer U wait, the harder it will be to find.

·
Registered
539 Posts
A P22 is a nice gun but as was said earlier it's really a different gun even when ignoring the caliber. A good .22 (not just P22) would be a great addition for training for anyone who enjoys shooting. A P99 .40 may be a bit much for a first gun although it depends on how serious you are. It was my first gun but I'd taken NRA classes with .22s first. I've also shot quite a bit of .22 CO2 in the past. The .40 kicks nicely but is easily manageble by fit people who practice good technique.

Why do you hate the 9mm? It's just ammo with benefits and shortcomings like all other choices out there.

·
Registered
4,339 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (PPK/S Guy @ April 19 2006,11:55)]Ah... i'll stick with a P99 or something! Why did they change all the triggers?
Well, they no longer import the A/S P99 (the good trigger) either for Walther - They only import the QA trigger now - WHo knows why they made this stupid decision.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
You would think that with all of the different versions of the P99, they would have at lease made one chambered in .45. That's the thing I like about the SW99.

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
What do you want a handgun for? Self defense? just plinking?

Personally I'd go with the bigger handgun, just so I'd have something to defend myself better with, but if I was just interested in occasional shooting and terrorizing old pop cans, then the P22 would be the first to get.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts