Walther Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Around Thanksgiving, I stopped by a small gunshop for the first time and found a Gen 1 P99 AS 9mm... after a few weeks of layaway, it's come home.

The gun...

The import mark...

And with the Gen 2...

Already cleaned and lubed... can't wait to shoot it tomorrow :D

thorn

·
Registered
93 Posts
Congrats man! Its a great looking gun. I think my next Walther will be a 1st gen 9mm AS as well (if I can find one in near-to-new-as-possible condition). Let us know your impressions on how it differs from 2nd gen at the range, both good and bad.

·
Registered
95 Posts
After searching for some time I just snagged a Gen 1 9mm P99 on Gunbroker. It has the split trigger and Interarms import mark, and appears to be LNIB. I hope to receive it in a week or so :)

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Thorn ... that is a nice 1999 model.... I just got another one myself which is a 2000 model with just "Walther USA LLC" on the slide.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Heya - how were you able to date it? I'd been wondering when it was made... the SR# is 025XXX.

Also kind of neat - it came with the box, complete with all parts and papers; the test target looks like it's signed by the same person that signed my AG's target :)

Thanks for the comments :)

thorn

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Interarms-1998
Carl Walther USA LLC, Alex VA 1999
Walther USA LLC, Spring MA 2000
Then S&W, Springfield

also on one of your pics you can see the KK date code which makes it a '99 model

·
Registered
923 Posts
Thorn, congrats on a fine pistol! Mine is a 1st Gen as well and I love it.

There's nothing like getting a gun out of layaway. I use layaway a lot so that I can pick the best time to finalize the aqcuisition, and, the payoff is always less making the buy easier. I have a hard time going too much beyond a couple of weeks unless I have to, but then it just gives me time to learn more about the gun and look forward to it.

My 1st Gen is a .40 S&W, but I hope to add a 1st Gen 9mm this year.

Q

1 - 11 of 11 Posts