Walther Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day guys and gals. My name is Cam, from Tasmania, Australia. Just picked up a brand new Q5 Match combo. Been shooting pistols for around 4 years, but life time sporting shooter with rifles and shotguns. Pretty happy with the Walther so far, had a few "new gun" hiccups this morning, but most of those went away by the last course of fire or two. Anybody else had similar??

·
Premium Member
8,669 Posts
Welcome to the Forums....

You may want to post the details of your experiences in the PPQ section. You will likely get good answers there.

My feeling (without know your issues) is that you are just experiencing new owner "learning curve". The Q is a great weapon as you already know. It is accurate, fun to shoot and once you know it extremely reliable.

As I said post your details in the Q section and we will go over them at great length. Remember you aren't a sheep loving Kiwi so we are more than willing to help...:)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new Q5 Match. What ammunition are you using? Did you clean and lubricate the pistol per the O.M. before first use?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on the new Q5 Match. What ammunition are you using? Did you clean and lubricate the pistol per the O.M. before first use?
Hey mate. Thanks for coming back to me. Yeah, lubed the gun to OM requirements, resisted temptation to over-lubricate. Stripped gun at the range, checked that nothing was out of order.

Ammo could be another issue. Was using a pet handload that my previous gun liked (1911). The ammo is pretty mild (124gn powder coated conical, 3.7gn AP70N, CCI small pistol primer). I'm certain this contributed to my function issues.

By the time i was 60 rounds in i had heaps better function, better slide speed, and light primer strikes stopped.

I'm 100% it was just some break-in issues. In hindsight, i should've put 100 factory rounds through it.

You live and learn!

🤔

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Welcome from Florida.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts