Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

After saying Walther should sell a 5" for 15 years, it's time to pony up.

Quick question. The fiber front sight. What are the specs on it?

If I were to replace the rear plastic sights with Dawson, what would I be looking for to tighten up the rear gap? (will need to know the front height, width)

Thank you very much!

·
Registered
190 Posts
The stock front fiber optic sight on the PPQ is .180" tall and either .125" or .115" wide. I forget but someone and will confirm it.

I'm running 10-8 performance rear sight on my PPQ's in the .140" wide configuration, Dawson sells the same thing in that width also I believe.
I'm running a Dawson rear on one of my PPQ's but prefer the look of the 10-8 performance rear sight. They both work really well.

FYI, whoever is interested in replacing their stock white dot front sight with the oem Walther front fiber optic sight it's only $23 shipped from Walther, opposed to spending double that from Dawson or 10-8 performance.

I learned eventually.....

·
Registered
491 Posts
My non-fancy caliper says .115" for the width of the front fiber sight. I had Dawson's on a different pistol but I like the Walther fiber optic better since the fiber is a larger diameter.

On the factory white-dot rear sight, the slot width is about .176", best I can tell.

Dave

1 - 3 of 3 Posts