Walther Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Handled a G48 today (actually, a buddy bought it). The thing has a wonderful balance and feels good in the hand. I have a G43 that will likely morph into one of my own.
Hope to shoot my buddy's tomorrow.

It actually was less fugly than most Glocks.
Moon

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
Handled a G48 today (actually, a buddy bought it). The thing has a wonderful balance and feels good in the hand. I have a G43 that will likely morph into one of my own.
Hope to shoot my buddy's tomorrow.

It actually was less fugly than most Glocks.
Moon
Have you handled the G43X yet? How does is compare to the G48?

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Selling in our store as fast as they arrive, but i still don't think it's better than the P365 ;)

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
According to this article, the G48 is made in Canada specifically to meet Canada's gun laws.

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/articles/2019/1/4/new-for-2019-glock-g48/

As per the picture in the article, it says Austria on the slide. It doesn't say "Made in Austria" it just says Austria. I wonder how much of the pistol is made in Canada, and how much of it is made in Austria?

Pudge
Made for Canada, not in Canada. I can't imagine Glock ever having a manufacturing facility in Canada.

·
Registered
1,291 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Said buddy got to shoot his; I missed out due to a flat tire. He said it shot really well, and he swapped the slide from his 43 on to create an instant 43X.
I may have to rethink dumping the 43 for just that reason; Blue Label price is only $380.
Moon

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've handled both the 43X and the 48 at a LGS and the only appreciable difference I noted was the slide/barrel length. Not sure why someone would want a 48 in a "free" state, but to each their own... I didn't dislike the 43X or the 48, but they seemed a bit large for the capacity they provided, especially when compared with the Sig P365. I will say that I preferred the 43X to the 43 because of the longer grip. I'm sure folks will buy both new models...I mean they're Glocks, right?! ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I handled both and shot the 48. Never owned a Glock but have owned a lot of other polymer pistols. I really liked the feel in hand of the 48 and it shot well for me.

I am looking for that one gun to do it all ( carry, training classes, home protection, range work, game if I ever would do one) and was hoping the 48 could be the one.

I think it's probably still too large for me to carry concealed. Still thinking about it. Going to stop at Bud's Gun Shop Friday and check some other's out along with the 48 again.

Going to look at the CZ P10C while I'm there.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I got to fondle both the 48 and the 43x the other other day, and they seem to be pretty much the exact same size as my PPS M1.

·
Premium Member
1,837 Posts
I own the 43 but somehow never bonded with it. It goes boom when asked and it has those basic Glock attributes we all know. Somehow the balance just seems off though. I know that is picky and I could probably get used to it but it just doesnt work naturally for me.

I have a feeling the G43x will work out better.

Truth be told, I wish Walther had a slimmer gun derived from the PPQ but they dont.

·
Super Moderator
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jimmo, your thots' echo my own. Got the 43 when if first came out (dumped a 42 on it) because I thot' they were the same size. Not so.
Got another 42 (a couple, actually) because they can be pocketed, and I can hit stuff with them. IMHO, it is the finest small defense gun extant.

Never really bonded with the 43; used it as a hiking gun down at camp, as it will run snakeshot. But I likely won't get much on a trade, and I've a Blue Label anyway, so I'll just get a 48 and have both.
Glocks are what they are, and the notion of being a 'Glock collector' is an oxymoron. Doesn't mean they aren't worth having.
Moon

Reactions: Jimmo952

·
Super Moderator
7,356 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Okay, Kar, I stand corrected! ;)
I've a number of Gaston's terrible children, but consider myself more of a 'user' than a 'collector'.
And they keep my pretty guns from getting banged up.
Moon

1 - 20 of 31 Posts