Walther Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was ready to buy a 10/22 the other day and the lady at the gun store showed me the walther G22 ( in the catalog ) and said these are coming soon. wow. what a neat looking gun. i think i might get the walther instead. two different animals but i bet the 10/22 would end up looking something like a G22 when i was finished with it.. lol.
just wondering if these are all they are cracked up to be.
anyone have any thoughts on these?

er.. just saw the posts in the rifle section. sorry.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm goin to start looking into the G22 looks good and plus if you have a p22 it can use some of the extras, sights suppressors..etc i think if priced right....sign me up..

·
Registered
2 Posts
I love my G22. I've had it now for about four months and have had only one problem.  The problem: cleaning.  To clean the rifle thoroughly, you have to strip it down according to the instructions. Well, that's not tricky, what's tricky, is the fact that there are two very small springs that can easily come loose and get lost.  I managed to lose one of the springs on my third cleaning, and I was being careful, and I was aware of the spring's existence. If you are going to take the rifle apart for the first time, and you're following the directions in the guide, you won't be aware of the fragilely placed springs until the paragraph AFTER it tells you to separate the trigger housing from it's upper.  Just a minor point to be aware of if you are interested in the rifle.  Other than that, I love the gun. It's so much fun to shoot. Functions flawlessly; and hits everything dead on.  Another note, find a brand/type of ammo that you like, and stick with it. Especially if you have a scope mounted. Every type of ammunition, like in all other weapons, will give you different results. In all my weapons, I notice the difference with the different .22LR's in the G22 most.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I havent shot one, but I have handled one. Due to the action being in the stock, most of the weight is in the back. Seems likeit would be real comfortable and easy carrying it that way.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have owned my G22 for a month. Yes, cleaning it is a real pain, but it's a nice gun. I'm having problems with the feeding. I've been using Remington bulk ammo and after putting 100 rounds through it during a session, the rounds jam. I have a P22 also and it does not. Does anyone know if the G22 had the same issue with magazines as the early P22s?

·
Registered
88 Posts
feeding probles? wow ive put atleast 500 rounds throught it with 0 fail to fires using alll kinds of Walmart cheap-crap ammo. my P22 is a piece of crap and one mag jams every single bullet. But my G22 it absolutly awsome. It performs better than a Ruger 10/22 funcationally and most likely has better accuracy. they come $300-$350 with nothing on em. Green or black

·
Registered
6 Posts
JDog, thanks for your reply. Yes, I have feeding problems after I have fired the thing for a bit, maybe 50 rounds. I have taken the thing down all the way and cleaned it spic and span. Do you get quite a bit of power residue on the action? Mine gets pretty black. I have a P22 with no feeding problems, you had many, go figure! Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks again JDog.

·
Premium Member
159 Posts
One thing I noticed on my G22 is that it seemed to feed and fire the Federal rimfire just fine but seemed to get hung up on feeding many of the Remington. Upon further investigation, I noticed that the Federal ammo seems to be more slim and tapered near the edge of the round whereas the Remington was a bit wider at the edge. Might be something worth checking out, since the chamber on the G22 seems rather tight.

·
Registered
88 Posts
yes, i get lots of powder residue in the action. Do you guys think i could strip it all down and give it a hot bath to try and get the crap outa there cuz it is really hard to clean inside the action. As for ammo, i prefer the fedral chap stuff rather than the remington. ****sorry guys i re-read my reply, i have had no FTF due to my G22**** because sometimes the remington ammo would not fire. Beatiful mark on thr primer (rim) but some of it just would not fire. This was rare but happend maybe 4-5 times since i used rem ammo. I like the fedral ammo much more. it is box of 450 for $8 at walmart. it makes the shooting more fun!

·
Registered
6 Posts
JDog, stripping the G22 down all the way is not that bad once you do it. The spring loaded action comes out pretty easily once you unscrew the cocking lever. The whole action comes out and then you can clean it really well without much fuss. It's not hard to put the action and springs back in.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts