Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As those of us who own and care for our G22's know, there are two tiny springs on either side of the receiver block that have a propensity to launch themselves into oblivion while removing the block. While knowing about this can help to curtail the loss of the springs, it cannot prevent it fully. I learned this first hand the other night as the spring on the right side of the receiver went airborne and is now lost forever. This is the small coiled spring that prevents the trigger mechanism from dropping the hammer unless there is a magazine loaded in the gun. Without the spring, the gun will fire regardless, which is not a huge problem, but a decrease in safety.

Does anyone have any of the following information:
  • Dimensions of the original spring
  • Part number from Walther to order a replacement
  • Width of the slot where the spring originally sat
With one of these details, I can either order a new spring from some online retailer (Probably McMaster Carr) or request one from Walther. I already sent them an email but have not heard back.

If anyone can provide guidance, I'd appreciate it. Any further information I get, and my final solution, I will share with the group. Hopefully others will benefit from this. I'm also going to be looking for a replacement spring for the left side of the action, the spring that locks the bolt back on an empty magazine. While I have yet to lose this one, I know it is only a matter of time.

As an aside, I plan to write up some directions w/ photos on how to dissassemble the G22, as there doesn't seem to be a complete and detailed review on this process. Uncut's photos are a good start, but I plan to go further in depth to get down to the bolt and firing pin. That'll be a little while though.

-Bob

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I would suggest that you cal S&W and ask them rather then the email......
also their parts diagrams are always different from the German ones (learned it the hard way) and there is non I have found so far that is not in German

·
Registered
16 Posts
I emailed them about getting a spare barrel to have threaded. ($165+s&h by the way) and their parts phone # is 800-331-8052.
I know it's not much help, but it's all I've got.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: I called the number on the Walther America website based on Uncut's information that they're not so good with the email. Press option 3 to speak with customer service. I told the guy I needed some parts for a G22, he pulled out his book, I described the spring I needed and he found it. I told him I wanted 2 of the spring I had lost (the coil spring) and 1 spare for the othe spring. He asked my address and said he'd mail them out. Never asked for payment or anything.

Now that's customer service! 1-800-372-6454
-Bob

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Texdoug, did you end up getting the barrel threaded? I have been thinking about threading mine, but I don't have any of my tools and can't measure to see if I'll be able to thread it to the 1/2x28 that most barrel accessories use. How'd your experience go?

·
Registered
16 Posts
I haven't gotten to it yet. Having said that, I'm not doing it myself. I don't forsee any problems though. With my little experience and what I've been told, worst case scenerio is: they have to externally thread it and get an adapter.
It is my understanding that they can thread and adapt about every barrel out there. If I'm mistaken, someone please enlighten me. When I talked to a guy about getting it done on a .22 rifle he didn't even to bother to ask what kind, just gave me a price. About $70 if I'm not mistaken.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts