Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else using these G22 accessories on your rifle?
Got the Walther muzzle break for my G22 several months ago, not sure if it makes the G22 any better looking or not. Hard to tighten up the threaded adapter.

Also got the +3 magazine follower several monthe ago which addes 3 rounds to mag capacity, shot it for the first time Saturday and it worked great. Only downside is the slide will not lock back after firing the last round in the magazine.
JR

"Walther Muzzle Break for G22 rifles. Comes complete with threaded adapter sleeve and quick and easy installation instructions. No modifications need to be made to your rifle. Simply slide the threaded sleeve over the end of the barrel, it will lock into place. Then you just screw on the muzzle break. It can also be removed just as easily."
http://cgi.ebay.com/Walther-G22-Factory-Muzzle-Break-and-Threaded-Adapter_W0QQitemZ140095730298QQcategoryZ73953QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

http://www.tacticalinc.com/walther-replacementbrhigh-capacity-magazine-follower-p-358.html?osCsid=2b2bfbbb6454f78a82724f1be521a97e

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
Here is mine......
I do not have the red-dot mounted as my daughter gets to shoot the G22 also

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
What's the thread on the adapter? Could you use the adapter and mount any of the various other muzzle breaks and compensators available? I think most of the AR-15 related comps and breaks are threaded in 1/2" x 28 so hopefully you could attach a better one on there?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Forgot to add that the break is a fake muzzle break, it's just for looks.
JR
I'm a new G22 owner, so excuse my ignorance, but what makes it a "fake" muzzle break? We're not talking flash hider or supressor or anything like that. Isn't the purpose of a muzzle break to reduce muzzle flip, whether it be by adding weight to the front of the barrel or diverting gases?

Not trying to be a smart a$$ or anything; just trying to learn some of the terminology and something about the accessories that are out there. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
I'm a new G22 owner, so excuse my ignorance, but what makes it a "fake" muzzle break? We're not talking flash hider or supressor or anything like that. Isn't the purpose of a muzzle break to reduce muzzle flip, whether it be by adding weight to the front of the barrel or diverting gases?

Not trying to be a smart a$$ or anything; just trying to learn some of the terminology and something about the accessories that are out there. :)
traditionally a muzzle break forces gases back, up , or both. this is just a piece of metal you put on the end of your gun for "looks". No offense to those who like it, but it's worthless and its trashy IMO.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts