Walther Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well, my G22 still jams 15 rounds or more out of 100 with 3 different brands of ammo, each hyper and standard velocity.

Took it back, AGAIN. I hope they just ship me a new rifle altogether. I think that one that I got is a giant turd. :(

·
Registered
1 Posts
This post is in reference to bob dehams post that it’s a cleanliness issue. It is not!! Before taking my brand new g22 to range, I cleaned it quickly, put regular cci LR’s in it and proceeded to try to eject them all. Jam, clear, jam, ejection, ejection, jam, you get the idea! Walther should be fixing these free of charge or make all sellers on reputable sites post warning that cci mini mags greatly help issue but that the G22 is a frustrating jamming, unreliable firearm. Like I said I bought mine in May of 2019 and it’s still a jam monster. Very upsetting!

·
Registered
20 Posts
This post is in reference to bob dehams post that it’s a cleanliness issue. It is not!! Before taking my brand new g22 to range, I cleaned it quickly, put regular cci LR’s in it and proceeded to try to eject them all. Jam, clear, jam, ejection, ejection, jam, you get the idea! Walther should be fixing these free of charge or make all sellers on reputable sites post warning that cci mini mags greatly help issue but that the G22 is a frustrating jamming, unreliable firearm. Like I said I bought mine in May of 2019 and it’s still a jam monster. Very upsetting!
The only ammo my G22 didn't feed reliably was Remington GB's.
You found a brand new one in May, 2019?
They have been out of production for more than 10 years.
They were sold through S&W, before Walther had a facility in the US.
BTW, Walther is now owned by Umarex.

The G22 is probably the most reliable .22 rifle I have.
It is also the only one that doesn't field strip.
It is also the most fun of any.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Scratches on bullet are not a matter of cleanliness.
This is a matter of cheap workers from Eastern Europe.
I had such a Walther. He began to work more or less normally only after I completely dismantled it and ironed out with a file all the remaining burrs.
But even after that I remained dissatisfied with it, until I got rid of it at the first opportunity.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts