Walther Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What ammo have ya'll found to be most accurate in your G22? Both standard velocity and "hyper."

·
Registered
5 Posts
I haven't tried too many variations in my G22, its just a fun gun and Im not shooting high priced ammo through it. Thats what I have the bigger pistols for. But I will say this, I, like many, have a very picky G22 when it comes to ammo. The only stuff that will shoot reliably through my gun is federal bulk pack ammo (blue box) Its considerably lower velocity than the rem. golden bullets, but its pretty accurate. The GBs will stovepipe at least twice/mag, and I have tried Thunderbolts too and they have the same bad result. So I stick with the $9/box(525 rounds) federals and they work great every time.

Now I also have a P22 that will not cycle the federals. The slide must be too heavy because it will never pick up another round from the mag. Rem GBs or TBolts will work very consistent every time in the P22. So it looks as though I am stuck with buying two different kinds of ammo.

·
Registered
9 Posts
First time out with the G22 I brought several brands of ammo, but the Winchester bulk white box was so reliable a accurate I didn't bother to test the others. We just shot 1k rounds of WWB. 1 failure. My 10/22s can't do that..they get gummy after about 500 rounds.

I was able to get a "one hole" 5-shot group at 25yd. I didn't measure but I'd guess about half and inch. If WWB is that good in this rifle, I'll just stick it. It's cheap and easy to find.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts