Walther Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
I've had 24/7 sights on my sigs and a colt defender.  They work fine for defensive shooting 9' to 21' as they were designed.  For all practical purposes using your weapon beyond the 21' distance say 30' to 75' the law would more than likley feel you are not in imminent danger of you life to justify using your weapon.  The 24/7 big dot sights are just more difficult to use at that range as a defensive shot.  Not to mention any justification of defensive shooting at that distance.  For what it's worth I've replaced my 24/7 with the orginal sights.  Looking to put Mepro on my P99.  By the way I carry my P99 instead of my Sig 228, but I would trust my life with either weapon.  Just my 2cents.

· Registered
3 Posts
NM I get what your saying. I live in Indiana but have a condo in Cottonwood, AZ. Spend the winter out there. What your saying can make sense. For that my rifle is my best bet. Here in Indiana close up is more likely what will happen. I do have an Arizona ccw permit however, though I rarely take my rifle with me, my P99 is a constant companion.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.